How do I install pic rail forend attachment?

SDHNTR

WKR
Anyone got a DIY tutorial or product/kit/adapter to swap out a standard sling swivel for a small pic rail for bipod attachment?

wildcat33

WKR
T nut and a drill press, or a hand drill if you’re feeling like Robin Hood.
37A4197D-5287-446D-BFC1-597ADC14BB54.jpeg

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
There are a couple install videos on Youtube. You will need to have two holes so you will need to have one in addition to the sling swivel.

Bipod rail installation

Accushot (Atlas) sells a kit for their bipods.

I have installed using a T-nut for my wood stock and for a plastic Tikka I was able to get away with a Stainless Nylon Lock nut on the other side (since the T-nut wouldn't grab correct in the plastic structure).

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I did both with a hand drill. The wood you have to be a little more careful with.

A gunsmith would have to drill too (though admittedly with at least a drill press). I don't have any regrets giving it a shot on the original Tikka Stock and am happy with the results.

There is an alternative with the Caldwell Pic Adapter Plates. I have one on my .22. I wouldn't feel comfortable loading the bipod too much though with one. I had originally bought one for my wood stock .270 but after putting it on had reservations and it doesn't look the cleanest.

wildcat33

WKR
If it’s a plastic stock tikka, the seekins 2.5” srs rail fits perfectly with a t bolt in the cross braces. Wood is a bit more involved.
572258FE-6D66-41BD-8898-4D09F970A7BF.jpeg

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s a custom painted McMillian. I’m not cutting into it. I was hoping to use the stock swivel stud hole.

Rockwell

FNG
SDHNTR, to reduce the stress you have to plan out the entire process as it really helps reduce your stress level. Oh I remember the stress of taking the first swing of hammer with a punch to my browning high power as I wanted to stipple the front and rear strap. The first swing was the hardest, lol.
K2l97s6h.jpg

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Buy this one. Easy peasy. Not the cool slimline state of the art that people will call you cool on the internet, but it functions perfect and I haven't add an issue with it on my 300 loading the bipod pretty hard over and over.
How does that thing mount? Is it rigid enough to then attach a sling to it?

here’s what I’m after...I have Spartan Javelin bipod, which I like, until I attach a sling to the female adaptor plate on the forend. The adapter replaces and screws into the stock sling swivel stud. But you really can’t get it tight enough to where it will stay put with torsional stress from then attaching a sling to it and carrying it with the sling. It twists around a few degrees. So I was thinking that the pic rail adapter might work better. Anyone used that Caldwell jobber with a sling attached to it and then deployed a Javelin Bipod?

sndmn11

WKR

here’s what I’m after...I have Spartan Javelin bipod, which I like, until I attach a sling to the female adaptor plate on the forend. The adapter replaces and screws into the stock sling swivel stud. But you really can’t get it tight enough to where it will stay put with torsional stress from then attaching a sling to it and carrying it with the sling. It twists around a few degrees. So I was thinking that the pic rail adapter might work better. Anyone used that Caldwell jobber with a sling attached to it and then deployed a Javelin Bipod?

We took that POS adapter and where the crosshair logo is drilled and tapped it for a pointed set screw. That eliminated the twisting and allowed others' rifles to quickly take the javelin if they were ok with a set screw dimple.

The permanent and beat solution is to get a spartan gunsmith adapter and mount it in the stock.

92xj

WKR

Does this link work for you? It's a random one I found on YouTube showing installation. It pretty much mounts using pressure on a pin through your stud and also pressing on a rubber pad. I mounted mine two years ago to run a magpul bipod and I wanted full sling function. It's still as tight as day one and works great with a sling. I have zero issues with mine and did not use loctite.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Does this link work for you? It's a random one I found on YouTube showing installation. It pretty much mounts using pressure on a pin through your stud and also pressing on a rubber pad. I mounted mine two years ago to run a magpul bipod and I wanted full sling function. It's still as tight as day one and works great with a sling. I have zero issues with mine and did not use loctite.

That Caldwell jobber looks like the ticket! Thanks for that!

I do not want to screw a permanent hole into my stock so the gunsmith adapter is out.

92xj

WKR
Hope it works for you. For the price, I thought it was worth the price and I was pleasantly surprised.