How do I turn off the Most Recent Forum Posts Sidebar

husky390

WKR
I click on the arrow to make it disappear but then it comes back when I switch to a different thread. Can I turn it off for good?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Going to change/test a few things over the next week.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm sure glad you asked, because I got on today looking for a thread before I started one. I'm about to turn it off for good........by turning it off for good. Makes my heart skip a beat every time I click on a new thread or change a page.:mad: Should be easy to turn off.......it wasn't there all the time two days ago.

If it's permanent, it would be better off permanent maybe horizontally along the bottom of each page, or on the right side of the page. I guess the left side would be fine if we were CHINESE.

And quite frankly, it is very redundant. Doesn't the "New Posts" link up top cover the "Most recent Posts" already if that's what someone is looking for??

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Wow, 5MB I thought you would be the first on this thread:) Nothings permanent, I am going to make the page full-with.

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
I thought I was going crazy like I hadn't really noticed it before. I agree that it is a bit annoying. Moreover, it sure doesn't seem to update very well. For instance, right now it is only showing me posts from the Vortex Razor HD 85mm and Lowa Tibet threads

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow, 5MB I thought you would be the first on this thread:) Nothings permanent, I am going to make the page full-with.

Hopefully that means it is going back to how it was last week? Count me as a "no likey" on this new look.

colonel00

WKR
If I'm not mistaken, this forum is called "Feedback" which I think most people are providing. Attached is a screen shot of what it is showing me right now. With it titled "Most Recent Forum Posts" it sure doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

It can also cause some layout conflicts depending on how you are viewing the site. Last night was on the site on my Surface and had the screen split between the browser on the left and other stuff on the right. When viewing it like this, that MRFP box does take up a bit of real estate.

RecentPost_zps1f4d475c.png

Edit: The pictures are hard to read but here is a link to the screenshot. Anyway, on my list the Most Recent Forum Post is from 8 hours ago.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/colonel00/media/RecentPost_zps1f4d475c.png.html

Attachments

• Recent Post.jpg
    Recent Post.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 26

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
With it titled "Most Recent Forum Posts" it sure doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

It never has functioned correctly, even before the change. It would show the "most recent post" as "4 minutes ago" let's say in the Vortex thread for example, then you click on the "New Posts" link at the top and the Vortex thread is halfway down the page with the latest post from 30 minutes ago.

Well Ryan, I would have been first if Dave hadn't started the thread before me. I am good at finding stuff that doesn't make any sense, or pass the logic test.;)

The odd thing is.......the only place it always used to show up (on the main forum page), now it doesn't.

Last edited:
OP
H

husky390

WKR
If I'm not mistaken, this forum is called "Feedback" which I think most people are providing. Attached is a screen shot of what it is showing me right now. With it titled "Most Recent Forum Posts" it sure doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

It can also cause some layout conflicts depending on how you are viewing the site. Last night was on the site on my Surface and had the screen split between the browser on the left and other stuff on the right. When viewing it like this, that MRFP box does take up a bit of real estate.

RecentPost_zps1f4d475c.png

Edit: The pictures are hard to read but here is a link to the screenshot. Anyway, on my list the Most Recent Forum Post is from 8 hours ago.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/colonel00/media/RecentPost_zps1f4d475c.png.html

That's the same view I have.

danarnold

WKR
I'm a fan of the button to click for most recent posts, I am not a fan of the sidebar that's a pain to click off every time you look for something else.....
Thanks

Shrek

WKR
And now the most recent post sidebar is gone from the main forum list page ? I liked it onthe main page but it was a pia on the individual threads. Oh well , can't please everyone.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Just an FYI I am still messing with it! Need more ad space:)