How do you listen to podcasts?

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Thanks for all the input. I've downloaded a few of the suggested apps and am going to see which one works best for me.

fwafwow

WKR
I am wanting to start listening to podcasts daily and am looking for the best way to streamline and organize them. So far, I've just gone to whatever site the podcast (ex: EXO's hunt backcountry podcast) is listed and played from there, but I'm thinking there has to be a better way. Is there an app (I'm on android) that is considered easy to navigate and keep track of playlists and whatnot?

I know I'm way late to the party, but looking forward to making this a part of daily activities.

ETA: Would like something without any ads if possible, even if it means paying monthly fees. Not sure if that is something to worry about. Just want uncluttered as possible.
At 1.5x speed

I am wanting to start listening to podcasts daily and am looking for the best way to streamline and organize them. So far, I've just gone to whatever site the podcast (ex: EXO's hunt backcountry podcast) is listed and played from there, but I'm thinking there has to be a better way. Is there an app (I'm on android) that is considered easy to navigate and keep track of playlists and whatnot?

I know I'm way late to the party, but looking forward to making this a part of daily activities.

ETA: Would like something without any ads if possible, even if it means paying monthly fees. Not sure if that is something to worry about. Just want uncluttered as possible.
I use Spotify!

Typically my buddy tells me what he heard on them then I normally roll my eyes or lash out violently in opposition to what he tells me they said.

That’s about as far as I can get into them at this point.

IMG_8242.jpeg

CJ19

WKR
I listen once in a while. So many good podcasters out there but sometimes its still hard to find a unique topic that is entertaining and interesting but not going to cause frustration when it starts to hit home.

Maverick1

WKR
Q: "How do you listen to podcasts?"
A: "With my ears"

They start out as pod casts and then turn into AD casts.

By the time one gets going, the first 10 minutes are usually all filled with advertisements, click this link, enter your email to win some prize I really don't want, subscribe, smash some button, support our sponsors, enter this coupon code for some percentage off, shake your dildo twice if you want another subscriber giveaway, do handstand pushups for your sponsor, name drop some outfitter, open your mouth real wide like and don't forget to name your favorite brand of knee-pad that your sponsor gave your to say their name 349 times in the first four minutes, blah, blah, blah......

Spike elk

WKR
Podbean is free and you can download podcasts. It has worked for me. Listening to the same type of podcasts all the time gets old for me. Gotta mix it up. I usually skip the first minutes of a podcast where all the sponsors are mentioned as well.

AndrewD

FNG
Like others have said: Podcast Addict free version, used it daily for many years. No account needed, no sending money to some nebulous tech company with questionable ethics and consumer practices. Not the most intuitive but doesn't take long to get used to it. You can stream and download just about any non-subscription podcast out there. I'm sure there are other good free podcast apps that do the same thing, but it is the one I settled on years ago and have had no reason to look elsewhere.

WoodBow

WKR
Best thing you can do is listen to something else other than podcasts
Care to elaborate on why?

That's like saying the best thing you can do is listen to something besides other people speaking.

I have a Spotify account for music... So I listen to podcasts there.
Personally, I’ve never really got on with Spotify’s interface.

I prefer to keep things separate by using a podcast-specific app. My favourite so far is called Castro; it’s free, reliable, and is well-featured for offline storage and playback.

Podcast Addict is supposed to be great too, but it’s not available on iOS.

Personally, I’ve never really got on with Spotify’s interface.

I prefer to keep things separate by using a podcast-specific app. My favourite so far is called Castro; it’s free, reliable, and is well-featured for offline storage and playback.

Podcast Addict is supposed to be great too, but it’s not available on iOS.
I'll check Castro out.

Spotify is convenient because I already use it.

But I feel like everything that makes it work well for music makes it work worse for music.

jeff0517

FNG
I use the iheartradio app most of the time, free and a wide variety of content. Spotify covers a few nor available elsewhere, I dont prefer the interfaceas well though. Jeff

Spotify but I wouldn't say I am all together happy with it. The search sucks. I hate how they just don't list all the songs by an artist, you have to look through the "Discography". The labels for Podcasts are just single lines, so you cannot even tell what the episode is called (the title should have as many line breaks as it needs so you can read the whole thing). Still far better than YouTube Music.