how dumb is this/are people?

fatlander

WKR
Please let me know the last time gold had no value on this planet.

Currencies have collapsed, famines, wars, nukes, etc......gold always had value and always will have value. People in every civilized society have valued gold and silver. US dollar collapses-gold has value. Civil war-gold has value. EMP-gold has value....

There are places right now where the currency has collapsed and people are buying food, medicine and other things with gold and silver. Thru history people have used gold and silver to buy any 'useful' item/service that they needed.

We live in a country with more guns than people.

In a real SHTF happens, do you think in your wildest dreams that lead chambered for the weapon in your will be less valuable than gold?

Ooo hey there want to trade some gold for your tomatoes? Bang. They keep their tomatoes and they’ve got your gold too. EMP would be a collapse the likes recorded and recalled history has never seen. Those that lived longer than a few months would be lucky to start and absolute savages to endure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
if someone would kill you for your gold I guess it has value...or they would kill you if you had none. For that matter they would kill you for a can of cream corn...so why stock food?

an emp attack could just effect 1/3 of the country so total chaos nationwide may not happen after that and forms of trade would definitely exist. The japs took 2 nukes and people somewhat close to the impact points did not walk past gold bars because they were of no value.

again I ask when was the last time/place when/where gold and silver had no value and people would walk past a kilo gold bar?

Swamp Fox

WKR
You phuckers with your SHTF scenarios...

I'm still trying to find a girl who knows what to do with two chicken breasts on a styrofoam tray, or a frozen pizza...

We're doomed.

So on a gov auction site a lot of 10 1 gram silver bars sold for $1494. just under 100 bids. Pictures show clearly that the bars are marked one gram and the listing said the winner will receive 10 one gram silver bars. 10 one gram silver bars are worth $8 plus a small premium charge. I think Greed makes people see what they want to see....

It honestly doesn’t surprise me even a little. Living where I live, I am desensitized to dumb. Funny though, they probably just sold off their shipping container of toilet paper and needed to reinvest

z987k

WKR
Please let me know the last time gold had no value on this planet.

Currencies have collapsed, famines, wars, nukes, etc......gold always had value and always will have value. People in every civilized society have valued gold and silver. US dollar collapses-gold has value. Civil war-gold has value. EMP-gold has value....

There are places right now where the currency has collapsed and people are buying food, medicine and other things with gold and silver. Thru history people have used gold and silver to buy any 'useful' item/service that they needed.
There's your problem. We're talking entirely different things. Shtf means civilization doesn't exist. Not something that really sucks but everyone but the biggest idiots will be fine.

The tomatoe would be worth 1000 kilos of gold. So not quite worthless but pretty close.

Unckebob

WKR
I'm not able to access the site because I'm on my work computer, but if a 1 Troy oz. silver bar is 31.1 grams, and measures 1"x2" x 0.125" thick, how big exactly would a bar that is over 31 times smaller than that be? I'm not even sure if I would be able to see a bar that small with my naked eye.:ROFLMAO:

I have a 1 gram gold coin. It is really small.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
There's your problem. We're talking entirely different things. Shtf means civilization doesn't exist. Not something that really sucks but everyone but the biggest idiots will be fine.

The tomatoe would be worth 1000 kilos of gold. So not quite worthless but pretty close.
Your saying shtf means civilization does not exist which makes that YOUR problem. I doubt I said anything about civilization not existing....

Tell me about the last time civilization did not exist? When was that????

I can tell you hundreds of times there were major problems in places when things were not civilized but silver and gold were used to exchange goods and services. History says those things will happen again....if the time comes when gold is worthless human life would be worthless also and nothing you can do will prepare you for that.

Make a valid argument for not stacking some gold & silver away....tell me the last time those things were worthless????? Sure if there was a ele gold would be worthless and all mankind would also be dead....great argument your making there...well, maybe not.

ss9961

FNG
I believe that the value of gold/silver is relative to not only the conditions in your area but also the world as a whole. The farmer in Kenya, the tire shop in Argentina, the barber in Nicaragua, would accept gold for goods/services because it has tremendous value in the world as a whole. Perhaps not in their local market, but the world market will give you $2200 for that ounce of gold.

I think as Americans we may see it differently. I personally feel that if the USA is utterly screwed by some teotwawki event or circumstances, then the rest of the world is likely in the same scenario. That would seem to greatly reduce the value of gold. The guy in Venezuela selling his chicken eggs accepts gold because he knows that most of the world prospers and there's a market for that gold somewhere. It may be presumptive or even arrogant to say, but if the US is reduced to lawlessness and barter, then the rest of the world is likely in the same boat.

Food, water, shelter, medicine, guns, bullets, tools, building materials. I just can't see the value in gold when the entire world has gone to hell.

Gone4Days

WKR
I sleep well at night knowing I have some money insurance. The FED just admitted “inflation is winning” Economic law doesn’t care about the dollar It’s fate will be the same as every other debased fiat currencies of the world. The dollar is dying. IMG_4844.jpeg
IMG_5120.jpeg
5921AE65-3E1F-4B72-BDEC-90F44E5EDFD12021-10-02_11-53-41_503.jpg
IMG_5405.jpeg

Last edited: