How many freezers is too many....??

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
2 chest freezers & 1 upright. All live covered outside & I can keep them unplugged mid October to start of April without fear of thawing.

I have a 24 cu ft chest freezer...the wife has an upright and the drawer pull out in the fancy frig in the kitchen. :cool:

czscout

FNG
I'm offgrid and have learned to keep multiply systems of refridgeration that can operate independently of each other- seems like stuff is always breaking at the worst time.
So, we have a 12 volt dc freezer (Sundanzer) running off a solar battery bank (can also run it off a vehicle 12 volt if needed). A cheap home depot 120 ac freezer running off an inverter and a propane fridge/freezer. Always able to keep things frozen. Also, as has been mentioned, the ability and equipment to can meat is a great skill to have.

WCB

WKR
Kinda seams like if you have to keep buying freezers then you arent eating what you're shooting and maybe you shouldnt be shooting more stuff. I've got 2 uprights that are usually packed full at the end of seasons and plum empty come the following august.

If I'm shooting so many critters that I have to keep buying more freezers and/or give meat away then maybe don't shoot any more animals?
100% agree...I roll into season with probably 2months worth of game left this includes upland, waterfowl, big game, fish, etc. Nothing stays in my Freezer much longer than a year. This is for me, my wife, our 4 and 2 year old. Normally kill 5-6 deer, an antelope or so, bear now and then dozens of upland and waterfowl, fish fish and more fish. Never understood why guys have 3 year old game in their freezers.

If I'm heavy on game coming into season a trip to the meat shop to get some summer sausage and sticks is in order as that stuff goes fast. We have 1 "large" chest freezer and two small standups and the regular old freezer drawer on the fridge.

geterdone

FNG
6 in total, 4 uprights and 2 chest freezers. One upright is at the coast for bait, one upright and chest at home for bait, one chest that is kind of portable for hunting camp and two uprights for food. Come November they are plumb full of seafood and game. Right now one is nearly empty and the other is mostly just game, good thing fishing season is about to start again.

I would rather have extra space than not enough. Lost a freezer a few winters ago and was able to move things around and fit it in my other freezers.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk