How much impact does a stock have on shooting ability?

WCB

WKR
IMO...if you are shooting Sub MOA out to 600 yards a stock isn't going to make or brake 800-1000. If your current stock fits and you are comfortable again IMO you are good to go.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
Well according to your original post, you shoot it “well under MOA” at 100. I assume these are 5+ shot groups. That’s pretty damn good.

Where does it feel like it doesn’t fit when you shoot? (Preferably from a seated or prone position)

OP
T
Well according to your original post, you shoot it “well under MOA” at 100. I assume these are 5+ shot groups. That’s pretty damn good.

Where does it feel like it doesn’t fit when you shoot? (Preferably from a seated or prone position)

Yeah 5 shots groups over several years

It’s not that the stock feels like it doesn’t fit, just wondering if a new well designed stock would fit me that much better

At distances like 600 yards I don’t shoot 5 shot groups under MOA (usually around 1.5-2MOA) so there is room to improve at distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider

It’s not that the stock feels like it doesn’t fit, just wondering if a new well designed stock would fit me that much better

At distances like 600 yards I don’t shoot 5 shot groups under MOA (usually around 1.5-2MOA) so there is room to improve at distance

So 9"-12" groups at 600yds?

If the groups string to left or right could be rifle or scope cant. Scope has to be mounted to rifle as level as possible and probably need a level mounted on the scope rings or rail.

Also may improve with better quality scope because of parallax adjustment.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider

My man......I'm going to help you. Go buy the stock you want and dont ever look back at this thread again!

I've been in your shoes. You've got money burning a hole in your pocket and you want to buy a sexy new aftermarket stock. You're REALLY hopeing someone posts on this thread that it will dramatically improve you're accuracy so you can justify spending the 600-800 bucks.

Just buy the stock. You'll stop thinking about it and you'll be happy.

Rich M

WKR
If a gun doesn't fit you or you never shot that one before, gonna affect your shooting a lot.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a HUGE proponent for having a good quality stock that fits the shooter. You have two points of interface with the gun and you shouldn't be fighting either one of them. Plenty to focus on just making a good shot. The more challenging the shot and the shooting position, the more the stock matters.