How to beat protect glass while in bino harness

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my first pair of Swaro’s. My previous binos let me screw in some protective lenses over the main objectives.

Other than the stock plastic covers that come with the Swarovskis how are people taking an extra step to not scratch lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I use the included lens coves for both SLCs. Same thing with my STX 65/95 and Kowa 554.

The included covers seem a bit cumbersome if you wanted to be able to slip them in and out easily. But yeah. I can’t say it’s not worth protecting. Just got the NL’s

skierhs

WKR
The included covers seem a bit cumbersome if you wanted to be able to slip them in and out easily. But yeah. I can’t say it’s not worth protecting. Just got the NL’s

I’m running the NL as well. I use the included covers but when I’m in game and putting them back and forth a lot into my bino harness (such as on a stalk) I just don’t put them back on. My bino harness has a soft material on the inside and I don’t worry about the softer rubber causing issues.

Antares

WKR
Maybe I’m more cavalier, but I run my Meoptas naked in a Marsupial fully enclosed harness. I just try to make sure there’s not any debris accumulating in the bottom.

NL’s in fully enclosed Marsupial with no covers on either the objective or ocular lenses. Just keep your case clean and be careful when you do clean your glass. I keep numerous Zeiss Wipes in the pocket of the Marsupial as well as a lens pen for use after the wipes if needed.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone this is really helpful. I have the enclosed marsupial and also carry zeiss wipes so looks like I’m doing something right.

hunterjmj

WKR
I tried keeping lens covers on while hunting but it's just a pain. I run Meostars without covers while I'm hunting. So far my lenses have withstood any scratches.