How to find a Wyoming trespass fee landowner

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
No need to pay a tresspass fee for antelope in Wyoming. I’ve been 2 times to 1 point units and 4 guys had success killing there buck and doe ea trip. Also had friends do the same in zero point units, both done on public grounds
I think you underestimate the lack of public land in a lot of WY antelope units. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Source: avid WY native speed goat hunter who studies hunt maps all year long.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

We just talked to people at the grocery store. Eventually one of the people we met just gave us permission. But two gimpy vets, one with an artificial leg, probably gave us an advantage over you.

not sure if they still do this, but 15 years ago for our first trip for antelope in wyoming we called game and fish and they had a list they sent us of landowners and their numbers- we started calling- got referred to a rancher not on the list and it worked out great.

not sure if they still do this, but 15 years ago for our first trip for antelope in wyoming we called game and fish and they had a list they sent us of landowners and their numbers- we started calling- got referred to a rancher not on the list and it worked out great.

I don't believe they do that anymore - at least not in the area I hunt. I also had that list from about 10 years ago or so but lately I don't think anyone updates it anymore. Could be wrong but as far as the areas around Sheridan/Buffalo they don't offer it anymore.

fmyth

WKR
Richieber I have OnX for Pennsylvania. I Wish I could just add Wyoming without paying for whole country but I don’t think that’s an option I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay for whole country. Thanks that’s a great idea for researching property owners!
I'd give them a call. They let me use to single state gift cards I purchased last year on Camofire for $17 each.

I don't believe they do that anymore - at least not in the area I hunt. I also had that list from about 10 years ago or so but lately I don't think anyone updates it anymore. Could be wrong but as far as the areas around Sheridan/Buffalo they don't offer it anymore.

Oregonmuley is correct, landowner lists for antelope hunting are no longer maintained in the Sheridan and Casper G&F Regions. The practice ended several years ago.

ClearCreek

Not sure if you have OnX but everything I have read here and elsewhere says it's invaluable for property boundaries in Wyoming plus it has property owner names which you can Google to get phone numbers. Some owners are listed as trusts so may not be able to do much there but many are actually names

We did just this on a unit 22 hunt. lots of people but stuck to the onx maps and walked into some good country we all killed our goats and a few does to boot in 4 days. would do it again in a heart beat but even 22 is tough as a second choice now used to be a given

Richieber I have OnX for Pennsylvania. I Wish I could just add Wyoming without paying for whole country but I don’t think that’s an option I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay for whole country. Thanks that’s a great idea for researching property owners!
You can buy a one state access for $17 off camofire.

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
I think you underestimate the lack of public land in a lot of WY antelope units. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Source: avid WY native speed goat hunter who studies hunt maps all year long.

I don’t underestimate the lack of public land at all. I’ve also studied maps and have done the hunt numerous times and know numerous others done the same. If you can’t kill a respectable goat on public lands in Wyoming in a zero or one point unit, with very little research there is something wrong. I am only trying to save the guy some money, IMO and prob thousands of others on this site would agree, no tresspass fee is needed for an antelope in Wyoming.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t underestimate the lack of public land at all. I’ve also studied maps and have done the hunt numerous times and know numerous others done the same. If you can’t kill a respectable goat on public lands in Wyoming in a zero or one point unit, with very little research there is something wrong. I am only trying to save the guy some money, IMO and prob thousands of others on this site would agree, no tresspass fee is needed for an antelope in Wyoming.
As a whole? Oh absolutely. I am a resident who gets screwed and doesn't even GET the benefit of a point system (only non-residents can get points) and kills a good buck every year on public. But there are hunt units that have amazing goats and literally less than 1% public land. If for some reason you decide to put in for that area and draw, you'll need to secure trespass permissions.

Another newbie question. I’ve found an area that has pretty high success that Has a real good chance I can draw without preference points. The problem is it’s almost all private. Any methods any of you know for securing permission before hand from the other side of the country? I’m in Pennsylvania. I’d pay a trespass fee if required. What would I expect to pay for trespass? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Im an easterner as well and have some contacts, shoot me a pm

Couture

FNG
If you go to the WY hunt planner map for antelope, you can drill down to the unit and look at the details. Some of them have landowners listed.

Go to the map
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Hunt-Planner/Antelope/Antelope-Map

Click your unit. You'll get a popup. Select More Info. That brings up a new tab with all of the info on the unit. Some of them have a private access dropdown on the left towards the bottom.
Good info, thanks for sharing

Yes. Thanks for sharing the resource. I did find lots of good information on walk in areas. I did look at a handful of units and did not seem much info on landowner trespass fees, however. It would be great if landowners would make more use of this resource.

Jae7675

FNG
No need to pay a tresspass fee for antelope in Wyoming. I’ve been 2 times to 1 point units and 4 guys had success killing there buck and doe ea trip. Also had friends do the same in zero point units, both done on public grounds
Taking my daughter to unit 17 this year. Hopefully we have that kind of success.

wytx

WKR
As a whole? Oh absolutely. I am a resident who gets screwed and doesn't even GET the benefit of a point system (only non-residents can get points) and kills a good buck every year on public. But there are hunt units that have amazing goats and literally less than 1% public land. If for some reason you decide to put in for that area and draw, you'll need to secure trespass permissions.

We're not screwed by not having PP, residents want it this way. Random for everything would be my vote.
Make lots of calls and don't wait til right before season.
Most counties have an online GIS landowner map. Call some landowners. Biologists and GWs also have info on landowners that allow hunting.
Many find access once they get here by visiting local businesses, cafes and feed stores are good spots to find landowners, hardware stores as well.

Your nuts if you pay a trespass fee to shoot antelope in Wyoming . I could shoot a whole pickup load of antelope on public land in a 1 point draw unit in one day. Filled 4 tags last year before noon.
Can you PM I am looking for some info on a trip for wife on an antelope hunt with rifle.

We went out this year to a 1 point unit and killed 4 nice bucks the first day. I also killed a doe the first day and so did my son. 6 Antelope On the first day. Second day we killed 3 more does. 9 Antelope on public in two days. I will say though, after the second day, they were getting scarce on public land. This was also from the truck. Lots of land we could have walked into but did pretty good without doing that.

We went out this year to a 1 point unit and killed 4 nice bucks the first day. I also killed a doe the first day and so did my son. 6 Antelope On the first day. Second day we killed 3 more does. 9 Antelope on public in two days. I will say though, after the second day, they were getting scarce on public land. This was also from the truck. Lots of land we could have walked into but did pretty good without doing that.
What unit?