How to scale a pdf

I have a PDF for the hha opttmizer lite but don't know how to get it to print small enough to go on my site any tips? If there is a thread already on this please link it

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Have you used archers advantage man ....
It’s worked awesome for me for several sights....
Might be worth looking into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj2

WKR
I'm not exactly sure your problem, but sometimes in the print dialogue box there is an option for "fit to page" "actual size" etc. for sizing. i would guess in this instance you would want actual size selected.

if you can upload the pdf here i can help ya

Brendan

WKR
You cannot scale a PDF and expect it to work. That changes the distance of the marks. You need to use a program that prints a sight tape at the correct height and width at true size, no scaling.

Keep in mind, to use any program like AA or Pinwheel though, you need to measure your peep height and sight radius in a draw board at full draw. Might be easier to just make marks by hand and cover with packing tape.

OP
skyler_2010
So I subscribed to archers advantage and they don't have my sight. How do I figure out which sight I need to print the tape for?

Edit, never mind. Googled it and found a thread on archery talk for the same thing. Get your 20 then go to x distance set your sight to inches on the program punch in the numbers and you are set it looks like

Last edited:
You can use snipping tool. Once you paste it you can then resize hight, width and diagonal. But as was mentioned, it may not be scaled correctly.

ZDR

WKR
I noticed that HHA sells replacement sight tapes - I believe Midway sells them as well.
Is there a reason those dont work for you?
Also, check out youtube for videos on how to set up sliding sights. I recently got a MBG mountain lite and found a few videos that were hugely helpful for getting it dialed in and then selecting the right tape. All without a chrono or archery program assistance.

Brendan

WKR
So I subscribed to archers advantage and they don't have my sight. How do I figure out which sight I need to print the tape for?

In order to use Archers Advantage to generate a custom sight tape, you first need to put your bow in a draw board and to measure Peep Height and Sight Radius at full draw. Those are two required measurements.

Can't help you with the model of the sight, I use a different program, and I run Spot Hogg sights. But, if HHA has different models of sights that use the same adjustment mechanism, you can probably use those

What’s the furthest you feel comfortable shooting? I put a blank tape on the sight wheel find 20 and mark it, then back my way up to 75 shooting at horizontal tape on target, once I get an acceptable vertical spread close to the tape I mark that, peel the tape off and match it to the sight tapes that came with the sight match 20-20 and 75-75 then use that tape and verify yardages. If your shooting a large vertical spread this method won’t work.

OP
skyler_2010
I noticed that HHA sells replacement sight tapes - I believe Midway sells them as well.
Is there a reason those dont work for you?
Also, check out youtube for videos on how to set up sliding sights. I recently got a MBG mountain lite and found a few videos that were hugely helpful for getting it dialed in and then selecting the right tape. All without a chrono or archery program assistance.
Bought the bow used for $100 and just took the site off. Would rather figure out a way to build my own than just buy new

Bought the bow used for $100 and just took the site off. Would rather figure out a way to build my own than just buy new

I have some HHA sight tapes, if you can find your 20 and your furthest distance, measure between the 2 I can send you a couple of the closest sight tapes, just make sure all your arrows are the same weight

OP
skyler_2010
I have some HHA sight tapes, if you can find your 20 and your furthest distance, measure between the 2 I can send you a couple of the closest sight tapes, just make sure all your arrows are the same weight
That would be cool! Right now it has the 63 tape on it and I am hitting a little high at 70 with the 55 mark