Howa mini 6.5 Grendel bottom metal

I have a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel with the 20” heavy barrel.

I bought one of the Stocky’s carbon vertical grip stocks for it. In measuring some of the bullets I want to use I need to be able to seat out as long as 2.377”.

It appears that the Oregon Gunsmithing BDL setup is the most popular replacement but they are back ordered everywhere.

Is that still the best option or is there something newer available that will allow longer seating of the bullets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel with the 20” heavy barrel.

I bought one of the Stocky’s carbon vertical grip stocks for it. In measuring some of the bullets I want to use I need to be able to seat out as long as 2.377”.

It appears that the Oregon Gunsmithing BDL setup is the most popular replacement but they are back ordered everywhere.

Is that still the best option or is there something newer available that will allow longer seating of the bullets?

I haven’t come across anything better than that, so it would be pretty obscure and I want to know about it too. I dremeled a little groove to get a little more from the little plastic mag.

OP
Mike D Texas
I just remembered this but it was so expensive and wasn’t what I would like, I never looked further

Yeah I saw those but at $180 for the bottom metal and $120 per magazine, I’d have half as much as the rifle cost tied up in a bottom metal and 1 mag.

The BDL style floor plates allow 2.45”’ish OAL.

I wonder why the Grendel mag from MDT is the only cartridge that has a shorter OAL?