Howa mini action build?

barrycuda

FNG
I am considering the Howa mini barrelled action from Brownells in 6.5 Grendel. Looking to build a deer hunting rifle for my grandson. I already have one in an AR platform as well as reloading components. Any thoughts or experiences with this action? Thanks

TxLite

WKR
They are pretty decent for the price and tend to shoot well. I’d put it in one of the Stocky’s carbon stocks and let it rip

gspguy22

FNG
I have a mini with the "heavy" 20 inch barrel in 6 ARC. Really like the rifle. Shoots good but will need a better stock. Heavy barrel is more like a medium profile IMO.

Solid guns

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
20221103_203231.jpg

I'm a big fan and love mine.
A Pendleton stock would be my first choice of mod, I put mine into a Rem Model 7 stock as there were no aftermarket stocks for the Mini at that time.
It was a lot of work and isn't a great fit but it really does feel great to shoot.

I use a cut down mag, one of the flush bottom metals is high on my list of things to get

z987k

WKR
View attachment 581895

I'm a big fan and love mine.
A Pendleton stock would be my first choice of mod, I put mine into a Rem Model 7 stock as there were no aftermarket stocks for the Mini at that time.
It was a lot of work and isn't a great fit but it really does feel great to shoot.

I use a cut down mag, one of the flush bottom metals is high on my list of things to get
Do they fit rem 700 footprint stocks?

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
Do they fit rem 700 footprint stocks?
Not even close.
I had to hog a lot out out of the action inlet and then build it back up before bedding.
I just used this stock as it's external dimensions were the closest to what I wanted.

rcook10

WKR
They are shooters but require some tinkering to really sing and be smooth. I have a grendel and it is a dandy deer gun with almost no recoil. Has shot basically everything i’ve fed it to about an inch at 100. The stocky’s carbon i got was pretty rough (kind of worth it at 14oz) especially for an allegedly 500$ stock. Don’t know why the hell they don’t make them in stainless, feel like they’d sell out in seconds on here.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
They are shooters but require some tinkering to really sing and be smooth. I have a grendel and it is a dandy deer gun with almost no recoil. Has shot basically everything i’ve fed it to about an inch at 100. The stocky’s carbon i got was pretty rough (kind of worth it at 14oz) especially for an allegedly 500$ stock. Don’t know why the hell they don’t make them in stainless, feel like they’d sell out in seconds on here.
That's the crazy thing, they do make them in Stainless as thats what I have here in New Zealand, they just don't sell them Stateside 🤔