Hunting Colorado Elk 2nd Season From Ohio

SteveCNJ

WKR
Heading out from NJ for 3rd rifle GMU 8

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whats the weather like in general around there in late October? We usually hunt Montana, this will be our first time in CO.
I have been there hunting 3rd season in a t-shirt on one day to be snowed on the next. Once you are above 8500ft and its late September, be prepared for anything.

Weather is a factor, cold and snow helps

rlg5

FNG
Whats the weather like in general around there in late October? We usually hunt Montana, this will be our first time in CO.
Picture from northern Colorado. 10,000 ft on October 19, 2018. Some guys hunting 1st season said it dropped below zero at 8000 ft when the storm came through. Just something to consider.

Attachments

• 20181019_123119_HDR.jpg
    20181019_123119_HDR.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 66
OP
Garrett.Stump
Picture from northern Colorado. 10,000 ft on October 19, 2018. Some guys hunting 1st season said it dropped below zero at 8000 ft when the storm came through. Just something to consider.
Thats a beautify photo. when you say 1st season you mean archery? we are packing everything on our backs, anything you wish you had brought but didnt?

There are four rifles seasons in Colorado. 1 and 4 are draw, 2 and 3 are otc.

Garret:
I haven't hunted Colorado since 2012 so I'm not for sure but I think I heard they have a early rifle season also but not sure if it's available to Non-residents. What part of Ohio are you from Garret if you don't mind? I'm originally from the Central Ohio area, specifically Newark/Granville. My wife got me a ticket for a great seat at the OSU/ Michigan game a couple years ago. My first time in the Horseshoe even though I grew up in Ohio. I'm headed to Montana this year to hunt Elk. How did you like hunting in Montana?

Garret:
I haven't hunted Colorado since 2012 so I'm not for sure but I think I heard they have a early rifle season also but not sure if it's available to Non-residents. What part of Ohio are you from Garret if you don't mind? I'm originally from the Central Ohio area, specifically Newark/Granville. My wife got me a ticket for a great seat at the OSU/ Michigan game a couple years ago. My first time in the Horseshoe even though I grew up in Ohio. I'm headed to Montana this year to hunt Elk. How did you like hunting in Montana?
I live in Ashtabula County Ohio. It's the most northeastern part of Ohio and I can basically be in PA a few minutes. Montana is a really exciting place to hunt, especially since everything in those woods has teeth or claws..lol. weather is usually gorgeous below 8000 then gets kinda tricky above that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk