Hunting Pants

What are two pairs of hunting pants that will cover me in most of my hunting applications in Nebraska? I’m hunting in basically every month from August to February and then spring turkey. Bowhunting whitetail, spot and stalk antelope and mule deer, as well as coyotes. Thinking like a Sitka Apex and some Timberlines. I don’t need anything for cold cold weather, as I usually wear sweatpants under my hunting bibs. Anything else I should consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like pants with hip vents. My only experience is with the Kuiu attack pants they are for me too hot over about 60-70 degrees. But if I layer the. I’m good for any temp if moving. The other pair is the alpine pants. I’ve wore them when it was hot out and the only thing I didn’t like was my knees sweating more under the knee pads. For really hot weather I’ll either wear a light pair of ll bean hiking pants or the wrangler outdoor pants

OP
silasbowhunter
Looks like I need to look at the mountain pants!

prm

WKR
The only pants I wear are Prana Zions. I’ll add a merino base layer for cold CO mountain hunts. Great as an every day pant too.

OP
silasbowhunter
The only pants I wear are Prana Zions. I’ll add a merino base layer for cold CO mountain hunts. Great as an every day pant too.

I’ve looked at those. Might pull the trigger on a pair or two for work. Not many pockets on them though

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu attack/pro, hip vents change the pant game, make them very versatile in a all different temperature. Pro model has the knee pads if that’s something you desire. If you don’t like kuius pattern they have a ton of solid to choose from. Very comfortable.

novcie870

WKR
Second for Kuiu attacks, and I run the axis as my late season. Both in solids. Hands down my favorite combo for Sep-January here in Idaho.

OP
silasbowhunter
Kuiu attack/pro, hip vents change the pant game, make them very versatile in a all different temperature. Pro model has the knee pads if that’s something you desire. If you don’t like kuius pattern they have a ton of solid to choose from. Very comfortable.

I’ll look into those! Thanks for the advice guys

cowsandgrass

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the NE Sandhills. I have first light catylist soft shells. They have been perfect from September to May. A little to warm in the heat of the summer.

Sitka timberline are my favorite. Waterproof seat works well as long as it isn't super wet and the knee pads come in handy more than you think. Super stretchy and dry out quick

notradame

Lil-Rokslider
depends on which side on NE your on, western side is open country with sage and grass lands eastern side is small rolling hills with trees and grass.

I have the Prana and several of the sitka models. The ascent is super lightweight nice for the warm days and just right with a base layer underneath for the colder days. I love the timberline pants for sure, probably my favorite...but if you are spot/stalk whitetail in any kind of close quarters I would think they'd be a bit loud.
Got turned off of the Kuiu pants with the chinooks, Not durable at all, in fact ridiculously underperformed. Pants made of toilet paper may have been more durable.
With that being said, I have some Kuiu rain gear and packs that are quite nice.