Hunting plans

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Favorite time of the year is about here for me. Be taking the next 2 weeks off, come back for a week and then another 2 weeks.
Packed in my tent and 2 gallons of water this week and will be headed up Sunday for the Tuesday opener.
How bout you all?

Randy20231003_095755.jpgScreenshot_20231005_055500_Gallery.jpg

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent job. I'm healing my right shoulder right now and not sure I'll get out. Wishing best to all..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Good Luck Randy. I’ll be bow hunting Whitetail around home (Wisconsin) in a couple weeks. I did get to go camping and fishing Trappers Lake in Colorado for a week in September. Fishing was a bit slow but was getting enough Cutthroat’s to keep it interesting.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good Luck Randy. I’ll be bow hunting Whitetail around home (Wisconsin) in a couple weeks. I did get to go camping and fishing Trappers Lake in Colorado for a week in September. Fishing was a bit slow but was getting enough Cutthroat’s to keep it interesting.
Thanks Terry. And good luck to you as well.
I always look so forward to the fall.

Randy

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a couple of short trips (2-3 days) into the Bob Marshall (early backcountry rifle season) in already- no luck. I might get in one more trip before general rifle season starts, we'll see.

I usually hunt elk on the opener, but a buddy of mine and I are going in for 4-5 days to hunt high country mule deer. It's an area we've backpacked, but never hunted- should be fun.

Good luck everyone.

Weldor

WKR
Headed up Thrusday for Cow Elk the following Friday. I'm ready to go, been a long summer. Sure will enjoy 2 1/2 weeks up MTN's

AKDoc

WKR
Best of luck to you guys!

Our fall is earlier than you guys, so I've already gone and been back for three weeks now. My son and I had a great hunt together in remote Western Alaska, and he took a really nice bull...
IMG_7396.jpeg
Moose hunt 2023: A father & son adventure

By choice and passion I've stayed active in life enjoying outdoor activities, and I'm sooooo glad that I am still able to do it at 71...and even more glad that my kids still like doing things with dad LOL!

Last edited:

tuffcity

WKR
The family sheep hunt at the end of Aug turned into a a bit of a disaster but last Monday my wife and I and a good friend got out for a moose hunt. We were going to go for 3-4 days but we left about 0830 Monday morning and were home by 3:00 PM Tuesday. Helen got her first moose!

Wes7et6.jpg

I just got back from a weekend working at my lease in Alabama. I have a small cabin being brought in and needed to scope out a spot for it. We had a lot of timber cut this year so needed to scout that out as well.
I plan to go up a few days before general rifle opens and muzzleloader hunt. Then spend 4 days hunting opener. Then I will leave Alabama and drive up to Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with family then hunt Ohio the next week.
Then back to FL. That first trip is three weeks.
I will go back to Alabama on Jan 15th and hunt until Feb 10th for the rut. I may have to come back to FL for a few days during the rut but I will head back up as soon as I finish whatever I have to go back for.
All whitetail hunting. Hogs are on the shoot list in Alabama but not up there to hunt hogs per say.