Hunting Rifle Setup

Clark33

WKR
I'm guilty of researching and researching and researching until I get paralysis by analysis when it comes to hunting rifles, scopes, rings, cartidges, factory ammo for said cartridges etc.

I've found most youtube videos I find are people who seem to just repeat the manuf. talking points for whatever firearm, scope, ammo they're "reviewing" and I use that term loosely.

Rokslide is great with the drop tests, post kill analysis of bullet performance etc. And I really enjoy watching the videos people have posted of their drop test. What I am looking for when I search a rifle or optic is people actually shooting the rifle, what scope they are using, what rings and what ammo they found shot best.

I decided to take one of my rifles out to my local long distance range and try my hand at filming a brief range session. It would be really cool if others would post theirs too.

My rifle setup I'll be using this year for bear, mule deer, and if I'm lucky enough to draw any other limited entry tags:

Seekins Element 6mm Creedmoor
TBAC Ultra 7 .30 cal
Hornady Match 108gr ELDM factory ammo at 2893fps avg.
NF NXS 2.5-10x42 Mil-R reticle
ARC M-Brace 30mm low rings
Trigger Tech Special at 1.75lbs pull
Ranging and ballistic solution via Sig Kilo 2400ABS

All shots were prone with bi pod and rear bag. I took 2-3 consecutive shots at each target.

I plan on doing another one with my Terminus Apollo chambering 6.5PRC with a Proof prefit. But again, everyone else please post your setups and a range session, I love this stuff.

Nice rifle for sure. I just bought a Proof Research Elevation MTR chambered in 7mm PRC and I love it. I have a 24" barrel, an Area 419 3 port muzzle brake, a Magpul bipod, and a Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 sitting in Sphur rings. I will probably upgrade to a nicer scope, but the strike eagle with the illuminated reticle really isn't half bad. I will probably put a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 on it though

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
Clark33

Clark33

WKR
Nice rifle for sure. I just bought a Proof Research Elevation MTR chambered in 7mm PRC and I love it. I have a 24" barrel, an Area 419 3 port muzzle brake, a Magpul bipod, and a Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 sitting in Sphur rings. I will probably upgrade to a nicer scope, but the strike eagle with the illuminated reticle really isn't half bad. I will probably put a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 on it though
I love the NX8 2.5-20, have one on my 6.5PRC. Take a range session video so we can see how it shoots! Looks like a great setup.

I love the NX8 2.5-20, have one on my 6.5PRC. Take a range session video so we can see how it shoots! Looks like a great setup.
Yeah, I will for sure 👍🏻. I've heard a lot of good things about the NX8 2.5-20. I do have to admit that I'm pleasantly surprised with the 3-18x44 Strike Eagle though (with illuminated reticle). I might do a range sesh video on that also. I think it's a solid scope for the price point. Especially if you're able to get a discount on it

Last edited: