Hunting Rifle Trigger Pull Weight

2.5-3lbs is about as light as you can go and still feel it well if your fingers are cold, it's also plenty light for all but the absolute lightest rifles.

1.75# then 1.25# on my 2 stage triggers with some decent over travel. On my single stage triggers I’m at 1.5-2#.

***edit- I’m #1.25 and #1 on my 2 stage. After I typed the above it didn’t sound right so I just checked it.
What is everyone’s preferred pull weight for trigger on your hunting rifle? I’ve found 1.5 lbs to be just right for me. Seldom do I wear thick gloves, mostly bare hands in a box blind by a heater or thin glove liners and hand warmers in a jacket pocket. I shoot 1.5 lbs year round so I’m accustomed to how my single stage Tikka triggers feel.
I like somewhere between 2.5 to 3 lbs it's light enough to be precise and accurate but not so much so that I can't set my son's or a buddy up and worry about them making a mistake.

f16jack

WKR
I set 2.5 pounds. Very comfortable in the field with light gloves on, snow or no snow.

For the 2 rifles that I mainly hunt with I have them both set at 1#. For any of the rifles I share with other people I have them set at 2.5-3#. When I adjust the trigger on my kids rifles I won't tell them what the poundage actually is, I'll adjust up or down as they requested. When they land on what feels "good" to them then I'll scale it and tell them. I don't want them to have preconceived ideas of what poundage they should be at because they heard "a number ". My daughter landed on 1# straight up with her long range layout rifle and 3.5# with her carry rifle. My oldest son landed on 3# even for his carry rifle and his long range rifle. And all of our gas guns have 3# triggers in em

Not sure what my PRC is. When I got the Triggertech Diamond I adjusted it down a couple turns and left it. She's definitely light but I have literal nightmares about trying to shoot a gun and the trigger is so heavy it won't go off