Hunting set up thoughts

MT257

WKR
I have two Hoyts(Defiant Turbo and HyperForce). I will have them both set up with ripcord code red rest, 5 pin MBG Ascent Verdicts, Draw Length 27" set at 68 pounds. I plan on shooting 100 grain Ironwill solid heads. Arrows will be Easton Axis 5mm 340. Question is do I use the Easton HIT inserts or the ironwill HIT inserts? Do you think I would benefit at all from using their impact collars? Or would I be better off using the Easton Axis FMJ 5mm? I plan on hunting deer and elk. Thanks.

Beendare

WKR
I've been using the 50/75 gr long inserts for decades now...its a good system as long as you put those Axis on a jig.

The arrows off the saw don't have a perfectly milled end....a jig not only squares them up but makes the BH/Shaft connection better/tighter.

Now a longer insert is only going to be better....as the insert draws from the straightness of the shaft. Personally I'm not a fan of the outserts or 1/2 out for the same reasons above....but they can be made to work.

Zac

WKR
The IW HITs are much more durable. Although I think the footer is probably a much bigger factor for durability. The FMJs are nice if your not into tuning your arrows. There is no need to spine align them. That is probably the only real benefit to them.