Hunting with no stabilizer

So im out tonight doing my normal 30-60 minute shooting session and my shots are all wack dont know whats going on was having awesome groupings from 25,35, and 40 just yesterday so now im getting annoyed and start messing around with the bow to see if anything maybe felt better or made shooting easier and the first thing I did was take off my front 8" stabilizer.....

Honestly the first thing was obviously the weight difference in the bow but for some reason it felt more secured in my hand I didnt feel as much shake and my first 4 shots were so tight I almost broke my 3D target pulling the arrows out..

Does anybody else shoot with no front stabilizer or am I the only dumb lookin ****** out here?

I took my rear stabilizer off this spring because I noticed that my sight level was always cambered. Without it, I could draw with my eyes closed and my bow was level and on target. Not sure I remember why I put it on in the first place. I did change sights though, and that attributed to my debacle in the first place.

ahlgringo

WKR
I cannot tell the difference in my groups or balance with or without my 10" Doinker stab on. Honestly, I hunt with it on because it is whole lot easier and more comfortable to carry my bow around with the stab acting like an arm brace.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I quit using/hunting with one years ago. People think having a slight edge on every piece of technology possible is going to help them. To me it’s not worth the hassle and weight of packing in. If you need one to make those 80 yard shots maybe try getting closer to the game. Bows today are so insanely accurate it really isn’t “needed” to be carrying around a 8-20” bar.

I haven't used one since I got a new bow several years ago, and it makes absolutely no difference for me not using a stabilizer. This may be because I wasn't using a very big stabilizer, but if I can shoot a 4-in group out at 60 yards with no stabilizer, there's no chance I'm carrying my bow around the mountains with that stupid thing hanging off the front adding weight.

And, I think they look stupid with a stabilizer 😉

Geewhiz

WKR
I took my stabilizer off. Just threw a hardware store bolt in the hole to keep my wrist sling on. Seams to shoot good enough to kill elk still.

Rob5589

WKR
I still use an 8" but it only has 1oz of weight. It's more for vibration damping and as a carry handle than for balance.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I don't have a stabilizer, but have been wondering if I should try one. So, a timely thread.

There are a few articles out there talking about stabilizers under 10 or so inches only reduce noise and do not contribute to more accurate shooting. I’ve been using the quivelizer and it definitely helps tighten up my groups past 40. Also, it is lighter than any quiver and stabilizer combo.

OP
J
Swear to yall thought I was the first person in the archery world to maybe realize no stabilizer was the move and somehow turn that into a billion dollar company but I guess im jumping on the train of the no stabilizer gang

lpplayer59

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve gone the opposite way and use 12” or longer bars with a 8” or longer back bar. I use less weight doing this and for me it balances great. I think a short front stabilizer only with >3 oz doesn’t provide much benefit by itself. Some of the bowlife videos finally made my switch and I’m glad I did.

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve went away from using stabilizers this year. I have loved not having them. I got a new bow this year. It doesn’t need any

Yoder

WKR
I use a 5in limbsaver. It's more for noise than anything. I can't imagine having a huge stabilizer on a hunting bow. It would just get in the way.

Jimbee

WKR
I took mine off years ago and shot the same, so it seems pointless to me.

Finished an archery super slam last year (took 50 bow seasons)....every animal taken without a stabilizer. Don't like the extra weight of a stabilizer on back-country hunts so don't ever use one. I just make sure the bow is decently balanced with the positioning of the Tight Spot Quiver and buy bows that balance well. Works for me! Good luck!