I got a new trijicon accupoint- cool pic.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
After a lot of research on here I ended up buying a trijicon accupoint 1-6 for my close range whitetail bolt rifle. I'm really impressed with it so far. I definitely think it gathers enough light to get me through legal hours. Here's a pretty cool pic I got last night in my backyard. I always appreciated pictures through the scope when I was doing my research. 1000001976.jpg

BurtonGus

FNG
That’s a cool picture! I have been looking at this same scope. There is a sale for this scope with the same amber color illumination. How does the amber color do in bright situations? Is it still easily visible? Or does it get lost in the light?

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a cool picture! I have been looking at this same scope. There is a sale for this scope with the same amber color illumination. How does the amber color do in bright situations? Is it still easily visible? Or does it get lost in the light?
In my experience, it will not get lost in bright situations. It is so blindingly bright that I have to turn the brightness to almost all the way off during the day. This is the green one though, not amber.

Loper

WKR
Those are some cool pictures. When I saw the headline in the title, I was interested to see a review of the scope, and thought to myself “how can a picture of a scope be cool”. I wasn’t expecting to see an image through the glass. Glad I clicked and checked it out as it looks awesome with the illumination on an animal.

BLJ

WKR
I’m kinda liking the image through the scope with that reticle.
I think one fine focus point and the rest open could be very useful in the woods.

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I’m kinda liking the image through the scope with that reticle.
I think one fine focus point and the rest open could be very useful in the woods.
That was exactly my thinking. It's also very fast and easy to acquire your target. I keep both eyes open and stare at my target as I bring my scope up into my line of sight. I can see the bright triangle as I do this. I know a lot of people do this anyway, but I think it's easier with a bright triangle on the reticle.

BLJ

WKR
I shoot with both eyes open, too. My thought was the same as yours.
Any idea of the distance and magnification in the deer picture? Thanks.

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot with both eyes open, too. My thought was the same as yours.
Any idea of the distance and magnification in the deer picture? Thanks.
About 30 yards, if I remember right 2x

Reactions: BLJ