I got lucky today, I found RL26

83cj-7

WKR
In my driving around today for work, I stopped into a local gun shop. Very nice people who sell mostly reloading components. The lady who runs the shop recognized me and asked if I needed RL26. I told her that I could use some and my buddy needs it too. She has one, yes one, 8lbs jug on the way and it now has my name on it. She literally was getting off the phone with her supplier when I walked in the door. This is also the only place I know of that won’t price gouge.

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
Sure, we should go wheeling, just don’t touch the RL26. 😂

Honestly, I only need a couple pounds, the rest is gonna go to my buddy.

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
I just realized that this post might have come off wrong. I didn’t post this to rub it in anyones face. I wanted to let people know that there is some stuff out there, but it’s slim pickings. Also, don’t let yourself get price gouged.
I was in a shop this weekend that had 1lb of RL26 for $70.99 !!!!!!

My local "mom and pop" reloading shop hasn't had my preferred powders in almost a year. I was just debating whether I should support the gougers on G-broker and grab a few pounds while I can at 100% markup plus hazmat shipping. I hate to encourage such behavior but there doesn't seem to be any end to this madness in sight....

I just realized that this post might have come off wrong. I didn’t post this to rub it in anyones face. I wanted to let people know that there is some stuff out there, but it’s slim pickings. Also, don’t let yourself get price gouged.
I was in a shop this weekend that had 1lb of RL26 for $70.99 !!!!!!
That's not how I took it, FWIW

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
Okay, cool. Hold strong, don’t give in to the price gouging. I’ve changed some of my loads to powders that I can get just to keep from getting gouged. I’ve found some really good shooting loads with alternate powders.

EastMT

WKR
WOW, that’s a lot of primers!

I only picked up 2000, but it’s really nice to see things on shelves once in awhile at least. Hopefully we are turning the corner, things start calming down. Still looking for my favorite 223 powder, but I have enough for a few years, can use others.

Nothing wrong with being excited after 2 years of nothing on the shelves!

OXN939

WKR
I only picked up 2000, but it’s really nice to see things on shelves once in awhile at least. Hopefully we are turning the corner, things start calming down. Still looking for my favorite 223 powder, but I have enough for a few years, can use others.

Nothing wrong with being excited after 2 years of nothing on the shelves!

Took this last week. Limit of 2 lbs per person, but what a bonanza. Snagged my two pounds and then went in first thing the next day and found an errant pound of Varget hidden in between some of the H50BMG haha. Was also able to find Remington 9 1/2 large rifle and 6 1/2 small rifle primers at a different store last week. Christmas came early!

20211215_193350.jpg

Geewhiz

WKR
Took this last week. Limit of 2 lbs per person, but what a bonanza. Snagged my two pounds and then went in first thing the next day and found an errant pound of Varget hidden in between some of the H50BMG haha. Was also able to find Remington 9 1/2 large rifle and 6 1/2 small rifle primers at a different store last week. Christmas came early!

View attachment 357035
I havent seen retumbo on a shelf in I dont know how long, a couple years at least, and I do my fare share of looking.

OXN939

WKR
I havent seen retumbo on a shelf in I dont know how long, a couple years at least, and I do my fare share of looking.

I know. Don't personally use it, but I don't think I've ever seen it for sale in person. Between that and the Varget, I was pinching myself. And, found a hookup on 6.5 PRC Lapua brass last week... I just really want to thank my dog and Busch light for their steadfast belief and support through these difficult times

Thats why I keep and buy old re-loading manuels, the old powder loads worked then and they work now, even though powder of any type is scarce it seems sometimes the old school powders are available, also in limited quanities. You just need too think out side the box sometimes if it keeps you on the trigger.

View attachment 357035

That Ramshot TAC on the bottom shelf is excellent powder for 308.