I have never seen anything like it

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I watched a guy burn 3 boxes through a 270 one time. He got to within 10 feet of a 2x3ft target before hitting it. I thought he was just trash haha but his rings were mounted backwards on a x bolt.

Unckebob

WKR
I shot it as well, recoil wasnt an issue for either of us. I believe like others said, it was either the mounts or rings. It was a Vortex crossfire that he was having issues with.

I assuming it is a bolt gun. Don't forget to re-check the torque settings on the action screws + any bolts/screws related to mounting the scope. Something is moving.

Last edited:

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a day like that testing loads in my .270. I knew it wasn't me as I was a pretty high-level shooter through college. I didn't think it was the optic (Leupold VX3i). When I started checking things, scope mount was loose.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
well hello mr votex plant.

Why dont yall build a scope that works better then a cheaper SWFA 3-9...................

Has nothing to do with money as the SWFA is cheaper. I can bolt together a complete gun (scope, gun and rings) for $1600 that will outshoot any gun with any vortex on it. Period.
I don't know if that's true. There's a decent number of competitors out there running Vortex. Do I think they're the best thing since sliced bread? No. Do I think they're garbage? Also, no.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk