I think the website is fake... but I want the deals!!

Buy the seat mount from shady website?

• Total voters

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Someone gave me raft about 9 months ago. Since then I built a fishing frame for it and purchased many rafting things. As like most new hobbies I want to purchase/upgrade more things.

I want an NRS seat mount. They typically run $85. I found a website that is selling them for around $40 I wasn't too suspicious. Then I looked around the website and they have $3k rafts on sale $1k. Now that got me suspicious.

Link to website: https://www.coloradokayak.shop/product/nrs-universal-seat-mount-nrs/

Colorado Kayak Supply (CKS) is a very reputable site. However the link above is to Colorado Kayak.

I am not going to buy the half price seat mount. Or Should I?

(Probably not going to but just wanted to see what roksliders thinks)

OP
JGBowman

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
It says they accept pay pal. Never considered this!

Website looks a little feeble. Shipping and returns section has:
"If you are concerned about your order call us immediately". Contact us page has no phone # or address
"Prior to shipping before shipping" wtf does that mean ?
"We suggest that customers purchase a shipping policy" What is that and how do you do that??
"It is important to note that track # may not be available in the immediate". Sure whatever
Naw I think I would send my banking information to the Nigerian Prince before I bought anything on that website.

Maybe they have some Fed 215 primers and some H1000 powder !!!

ColoradoV

WKR
I know the owners of both the cks shops (on line and in person)

Know the guys over at Werner paddles as well. No way they are giving bent shaft Sherpa’s away for 141..

This is neither of their web pages obviously a fake plan on getting taken….

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
They probably drop ship Chinese clone stuff would be what I would say. This looks like a poorly and quickly thrown together website.
This would be my guess. Probably a legit company, not legit products though.

mthayr

WKR
No physical address or telephone contact on the website and the "About us" sounds suspiciously non-english speaking:

We are among the biggest online retailers. (largest?)

We strive to provide top-quality and competitively priced products directly from the producer. (usually manufacturer)

Our merchandise is of the highest quality, and we also offer wholesale prices that are affordable. We also offer fast delivery. (lots of "also"s)

Buy Cheap Prices (not a sentence)

Our long-lasting relationships and strong relationship with manufacturers in the world market allow us to supply top-quality products at affordable prices. Wholesalers around the globe help us to offer reasonable prices. If you are looking for our goods and would like to talk about it with us, you can contact us anytime. (except only by web form) Wholesale products are available and we\’re sure you\’ll enjoy them. (strange backslashes in the middle of the text)

Lots of red flags... sounds like either a scam or Chinese knock-offs masquerading as the original.

I'd be willing to bet its a scam. Here's how it will go: you'll make the purchase, get a confirmation your order is shipping soon. You'll send an email after a few days inquiring why it hasn't shipped yet. You'll get a canned response back. From there the english will start to go downhill. You'll contact your bank regarding fraud, a few mos later you'll get your money bacck.

These have been popping up all over lately selling anything under the sun at a cheap enough price to not look totally obvious but cheap enough you feel like you need to jump on the deal. If there's no google reviews, contact phone number, address, etc... it almost always is a scam. In a short time the website will likely be taken down. Watch for a reddit thread in coming days/weeks regarding it.

Bet the domain was created within the last few weeks. Somehow they're selling literally everything at 50% off?

Aside from the highlights from LaElk, the "about us" page makes no mention of love for kayaks, water sports or the outdoors?

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
I bought a knock off flex bow type tent off a similar website. A couple of weeks later, I received a cheap pair of sunglasses. I kind of want you to try it, but I wouldn't.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a knock off flex bow type tent off a similar website. A couple of weeks later, I received a cheap pair of sunglasses. I kind of want you to try it, but I wouldn't.
God Bless China!

I bet you thought you were totally scammed till the shades showed up!

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Here's how I would look at it: There is a 50/50 chance it is either a fake or a company drop shipping Chinese knock offs. If you don't mind buying Chinese to save money they do except PayPal so whats the risk? You may have to wait for your refund if you have to go that route but at least you would get it, and it is only a $40 dollar risk to find out.