Idaho archery LEMHI zone

51hunt

FNG
Hey just throwing it out there, anyone know where NOT to go in September in the Lemhi zone? (Typically large hunt camp, lots of RV’s,) is there a part of the zone that is usually packed with people?
Thanks

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yes, that whole zone is heavily pressured. You just have to make the best of it. Idaho Hunt planner will give the the numbers on how many people are in each unit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep very busy zone we ran into people every day from 0 to 3 miles in. Some jack a$$ with a drill put screws in all the nonresident tires and none of the locals had flat tires. Part of the game I guess.
But on the bright side we were into elk and managed to get 1. Good luck and shoot straight

jtl

FNG
From what I've seen in parts of the zone, anywhere that looks good on Google Earth will have people. Plan on seeing hunters every day, and having to pass up places you wanted to hunt because there are already multiple trucks there.

OP
51hunt

51hunt

FNG
Gotcha, on the IDFG website it looks like its not a super populated zone, but not sure how much i can trust those numbers. Sounds like i should borrow an ID license plate for the week

sneaky

"DADDY"
It's not a super populated zone, it's just not far from several populated areas and easy to get to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ratspit

FNG
I used to hunt the Lemhi. Not anymore. Too many people and the elk know where to go when pressured.

mwebs

WKR
Used to hunt it, got way too busy, could still fill your tag but it just wasn't the type of hunt I was looking for. Way to many Washington, Minn, Texas and Wisco dudes driving their ATVs around where they were supposed to and screaming their faces off from every ridge. The honey hole one day gets trounced on the next, depending on the unit just not a lot of places to get away because if it looks good, it will be getting hit.

But work for it, keep your head up and stay mobile, you can get into elk and get em down.

PS you should try Colorado, they have way more elk.

Hey just throwing it out there, anyone know where NOT to go in September in the Lemhi zone? (Typically large hunt camp, lots of RV’s,) is there a part of the zone that is usually packed with people?
Thanks
That whole zone is absolutely packed.

Pwells10

WKR
Great bulls. Uncle and his buddies always get into them. There's one canyon not many people go in and they kill every year. Not exactly sure why no one else goes in there. Crazy. You can get away from people. I bear hunt it in the spring, and sometimes deer hunt it drew the late bull tag some years ago. Know it well. If you have questions you can message me.

shayes11

FNG
I antelope hunt throughout the zone in August with my bow. Dont forget to check the desert flatlands. Last year I ran into 4 different stud bulls wayyy out in the flats near private property, but on BLM. Just a few days before the season opener. Lots of people in the hills but I only ran into 3 hunters the whole time in the desert.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk