Idaho Draw Results

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
Thanks, Im sitting here trying to work but have officially checked out for the day.

I broke the news to my 11 yr old and he might be more excited than I am.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jmcd22

WKR
Thanks, Im sitting here trying to work but have officially checked out for the day.

I broke the news to my 11 yr old and he might be more excited than I am.

That is pretty cool...I remember when I was that age and getting to go with my dad. Good luck!

BAKPAKR

WKR
Well, I just got the email from Idaho and it looks like Ill be chasing moose this fall for the first time ever. Once I pick myself up off the floor Im going to go break the news to the wife that the refund wont be coming this year, lol

Still in shock....

Those emails sure are nice to see. Congratulations, and good luck!

Broomd

WKR
Congrats! What unit and dates? There was a noticeable drop in available moose tags this year in some units. those areas are increasingly tough hunting for good bulls.
Ask me how I know....

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
Congrats! What unit and dates? There was a noticeable drop in available moose tags this year in some units. those areas are increasingly tough hunting for good bulls.
Ask me how I know....
Unit 77, i had a handful of possible units put aside and just had my wife pick randomly which number she liked best, lol. Tag is good for September through November basically. Trying to convince my wife we need a family vacation this summer to idaho for "scouting"

Broomd

WKR
Excellent. I'm not sure on the herd #'s there, but in our northern unit's decent bull numbers are way down. (I suspect that it's due to the local tribe with outrageous and exorbinant tag numbers through their own draw system.) You'll likely fare better there.

Congrats man. My buddy drew ID moose as well. What units did you draw? If we make our way up scouting I can relay some info if pertainable

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
Thanks, ill be in unit 77, never been there, so will be learning some new ground which is always fun.

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag, I hunted moose in northern Idaho last year, very intense hunting so just remember to have fun and enjoy your once in a lifetime hunt.