Idaho Draw

jimmy33

WKR
Idaho is drawing…elk and pronghorn results are up.no deer results yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgailey

FNG
My deer app says not selected now. Dang it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unit 57 (deer) Nov 15-30 here, should I be excited?
No. I’ve hunted it the past two years and the quality is waaaaaay down. Deer numbers are good, but there are no big deer. Tag cuts will help, but it’s a coupe years away if we get good moisture. I’ve absolutely pounded that mountain and it’s bleak. I’d take a general Montana tag or a general Idaho tag over the November hunt the last two years. 7-8 years ago, it was a different story.

rjID

FNG
No. I’ve hunted it the past two years and the quality is waaaaaay down. Deer numbers are good, but there are no big deer. Tag cuts will help, but it’s a coupe years away if we get good moisture. I’ve absolutely pounded that mountain and it’s bleak. I’d take a general Montana tag or a general Idaho tag over the November hunt the last two years. 7-8 years ago, it was a different story.
Well, I hope to prove you wrong haha but I’m not going to set my expectations too terribly high. Guess we’ll give it our best shot and see what we end up with.

Well, I hope to prove you wrong haha but I’m not going to set my expectations too terribly high. Guess we’ll give it our best shot and see what we end up with.
That’s all you can do! I will say, that mountain was incredibly green last November with those late rains.

Drew deer 52 muzzleloader nov1-15. Should I give up unit 71 rifle? What's everyone's thoughts on these units?
The muzzy hunt is fun. Based on what we saw last year, it’s coming back a little from some tough years in that unit. Definitely hunt it and hunt it hard. I think my buddy had 20 scout days and 11 hunts days last year. I caught the last 3-4 and got in on the kill. Those are fun hunts. Wish they would have kept the rotation.