Idaho Fish and Game Website problems

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
To the guy wondering if he'll lose his spot, I believe it saves your spot by the browser or ip address of your device. At least I have never logged in but have a spot on my browser. If you switch devices I bet you'll get a new spot at the end of the line.

ianpadron

WKR
To the guy wondering if he'll lose his spot, I believe it saves your spot by the browser or ip address of your device. At least I have never logged in but have a spot on my browser. If you switch devices I bet you'll get a new spot at the end of the line.
This is correct, and it does work reliably. We tested it this morning on accident haha

Z Barebow

WKR
It could be worse. Last year I was sitting on a field approach (taking time out of aa mule deer hunt) Waited 4 hours to have my A & B plans sell out.

BUT the day isn't over!

ianpadron

WKR
Supply & Demand

The demand has gone up exponentially in recent years, in large part due to Rokslide.
supply and demand has nothing to do with antiquated and under-capacity IT. If IDFG wants to roll with this style of shotgun start OTC licensing, they need the infrastructure in place to handle it. Prior to the unit quotas being instituted, this never happened.

MT and WY see just as much action, and they've used their brains to institute a draw to streamline the process.

500000KV

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I was 10,505 in line and had my tag by 12:55pm Mountain time. This year I’m roughly 8,500 and we’ve moved 450 people…. hmmmm.

StillBald

FNG
This is correct, and it does work reliably. We tested it this morning on accident haha
It doesn't work by log in. This morning when I had issues I finally got in using incognito mode on my PC. For kicks and grins I just tried getting in on my phone and it said I was spot #39K.

Lord help me if I accidentally close that window or my PC crashes!

For the right price I might be willing to stand in line and pick up someone’s tags. Non residents needs to make more friends with the locals ha ha

sasquatch

WKR
Last year I was 10,505 in line and had my tag by 12:55pm Mountain time. This year I’m roughly 8,500 and we’ve moved 450 people…. hmmmm.

Yep.

This year, the THIRD year of this system, is the worst it’s been

How do you go backwards, govt that’s how I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IdahoBeav

WKR
supply and demand has nothing to do with antiquated and under-capacity IT. If IDFG wants to roll with this style of shotgun start OTC licensing, they need the infrastructure in place to handle it. Prior to the unit quotas being instituted, this never happened.

MT and WY see just as much action, and they've used their brains to institute a draw to streamline the process.

Six years ago they had to reduce the price of NR elk tags because they weren't selling. I think 4 (5 for sure) years ago NR general deer tags/2nd tags were still available in November. The quotas are the supply, and IDFG is issuing too many tags (res and/or NR) for sustainability as is.

I agree that it needs to be switched to controlled hunts for the current general capped tags, but you can't blame IDFG for not being prepared for 50k (demand) people trying to by tags.

sasquatch

WKR
Six years ago they had to reduce the price of NR elk tags because they weren't selling. I think 4 (5 for sure) years ago NR general deer tags/2nd tags were still available in November. The quotas are the supply, and IDFG is issuing too many tags (res and/or NR) for sustainability as is.

I agree that it needs to be switched to controlled hunts for the current general capped tags, but you can't blame IDFG for not being prepared for 50k (demand) people trying to by tags.

This ain’t their first rodeo

They been trying to fix this for 3 years now. Any private entity wouldve fixed this or lost the contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro