Idaho Proposed Law Making All NR tags Go to Draw

Link to Leg Proposal

Apologies if this is already posted, just thought it was interesting. While the NR tag sale is already effectively a draw, I am in favor of getting rid of the asinine practice of residents buying in person tags for NRs and charging for the “service.”

No idea the likelihood of this passing, but it makes sense to me anyways…

jmillr1

WKR
Link to Leg Proposal

Apologies if this is already posted, just thought it was interesting. While the NR tag sale is already effectively a draw, I am in favor of getting rid of the asinine practice of residents buying in person tags for NRs and charging for the “service.”

No idea the likelihood of this passing, but it makes sense to me anyways…
That NR tag process is most defintely not a draw.

I'm all for it. I'm concerned about price increases and the possiblity of them doing the asinine thing of doing some variation of a points system but I support it. Just do a draw like the controlled hunts.

svivian

WKR
Current system would be awesome if you had to log into YOUR SINGLE account to get in line and limit in person sales to your tag + spouse and children.
I agree. Some small changes would make the current system great in my opinion.

OP
Minute_of_Antelope
That NR tag process is most defintely not a draw.

I'm all for it. I'm concerned about price increases and the possiblity of them doing the asinine thing of doing some variation of a points system but I support it. Just do a draw like the controlled hunts.
I’m saying it effectively is; in that a person’s tag is directly the result of when they randomly get into the crap IDGF portal.

Agreed, but as always let the fish and game commission be the one to make the decision to go to a draw, don't have the decision forced upon them by some moron politicians.

The Idaho legislature is out of control right now with trying to force decisions upon IDFG. There is also a bill that would give outfitters their choice of a sheep, goat or moose tag if they kill a wolf while in the course of business, they have tried to force all of the modern muzzleloader components such as scopes, sabots and 209 primers, they also proposed a bill that would block game wardens from enforcing game laws on private property. They need to stick to their usual job of screwing up taxes and education and leave wildlife management to the fish and game commission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
The Idaho legislature is out of control right now with trying to force decisions upon IDFG. There is also a bill that would give outfitters their choice of a sheep, goat or moose tag if they kill a wolf while in the course of business, they have tried to force all of the modern muzzleloader components such as scopes, sabots and 209 primers, they also proposed a bill that would block game wardens from enforcing game laws on private property. They need to stick to their usual job of screwing up taxes and education and leave wildlife management to the fish and game commission

Could not agree more!
I talked to a supervisor at a spring chinook meeting this week and luckily he assured me the bogus "kill a wolf get a sheep tag" bill is going nowhere. He didn't seem as sure about these other bills though and was worried that with the new muzzleloader rules if passed would effectively be an end to our local muzzy seasons.
All we can do is vote these idiots out of office. In the mean time we need to look up those who introduce the bills and let them know our opinion on them inserting themselves into matters that are none of their concern.
If the commission wants to implement draw tags for NR I'm all for it but not when it is forced by politicians that don't know the first thing about managing wildlife.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Could not agree more!
I talked to a supervisor at a spring chinook meeting this week and luckily he assured me the bogus "kill a wolf get a sheep tag" bill is going nowhere. He didn't seem as sure about these other bills though and was worried that with the new muzzleloader rules if passed would effectively be an end to our local muzzy seasons.
All we can do is vote these idiots out of office. In the mean time we need to look up those who introduce the bills and let them know our opinion on them inserting themselves into matters that are none of their concern.
If the commission wants to implement draw tags for NR I'm all for it but not when it is forced by politicians that don't know the first thing about managing wildlife.

Keep fighting the good fight boys. Thank you!

There are a lot of problems with the current OTC system. The department can’t regulate the pay for your price in line that has started. Vendors literally have a list they go through before they help anyone standing in line.

So given they can’t stop proxy tag purchase as of now they could with a draw which is probably why this bill has popped up. They currently can’t switch to a draw.

The department would get to sort through how it is applied and ran.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of problems with the current OTC system. The department can’t regulate the pay for your price in line that has started. Vendors literally have a list they go through before they help anyone standing in line.

So given they can’t stop proxy tag purchase as of now they could with a draw which is probably why this bill has popped up. They currently can’t switch to a draw.

The department would get to sort through how it is applied and ran.

I talked to the regional supervisor for fish and game and asked him directly if the commission had the power to implement a draw system and he said they did.
No need for the legislature to force it upon them.

Could not agree more!

Politicians rarley know anything about the the law and economic policy, yet, here we all are everywhere with clueless legislation regardless of which state you live in...

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
To be clear, I am a resident so I don't have to worry about the tag buying process a NR does. I do understand it sucks and we could use a draw system. However that needs to be up to the commission to decide. If we let politicians run the game and fish department we will be in no better shape than WA which will soon (I believe) have no predator hunting to speak of, or Colorado which introduces an apex predator by nothing more than a popular vote.
Let the people who spend their life studying wildlife make decisions for wildlife.

Archer86

WKR
I talked to the regional supervisor for fish and game and asked him directly if the commission had the power to implement a draw system and he said they did.
No need for the legislature to force it upon them.
I would say that's exactly the reason it needs done they way it is through legislation the commission has made the decision they don't care about the cluster they have created.

As much as I don't like legislation for stuff like this I think this is one that it's justified