Idaho Spring Bear

that area not usually, i only go there in the winter\spring snowmobile riding season.
Most of the time, that i see black bears are when i bump into them mountain biking.
Bears are everywhere here, does not mean a high concentration, but i have watched them off of my deck.
normal snowpack here, which means you won't be driving anywhere you want until late june.

Nothing. Snow wasn’t an issue, i hunting mostly in 4, one day in 1. Saw plenty of whitetail, Turkey and even a few elk. No bears or any bear sign. Still a good time, north Idaho is pretty awesome.
I’ll be making a trip to north Idaho here in June for the first time to try spring bear hunting and am really looking forward to it

Still been snowing about every other day and decided to scrap throwing one of my baits out in 10A this spring with the amount of snow on the ground still. South aspects finally started to melt off, but man there’s still a lot of snow. Haven’t seen a bear in 10 since last week but hopefully they come out with the warm weather coming and the green up started.

N.ID7803

WKR
I am planning on heading that way this year for the first time. Me and a buddy would love that terrain. Any pointers or advice you could share about bear hunting that area? We were looking into 4,6,7. But open to other areas
Know the road restrictions on the private timber grounds, just snowed 1-3 inches at 3k yesterday. Lots of snow up high. Buy a couple wolf tags and join F4WM, could pay for your trip if you get a wolf.

Attachments

• 37731B36-D928-4CC6-B6E4-2354D4201063.jpeg
    37731B36-D928-4CC6-B6E4-2354D4201063.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 86

KG92

FNG
Heading down to 21 at the end of this week. Called the ranger station, they said the snow line in the area was at around 6500, so will likely be above 7000' by the time I get there on Thursday. I'll post an update in here on Sunday or Monday when we get back. Excited to get out and hunt.

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
I went out yesterday, North ID, and couldn't even get access with my truck to an area off of the highway at 3,000 ft. Could probably make it happen with tracks.
Just something to keep in mind for you guys. I would say this isn't super common, but it happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

KG92

FNG
I went out yesterday, North ID, and couldn't even get access with my truck to an area off of the highway at 3,000 ft. Could probably make it happen with tracks.
Just something to keep in mind for you guys. I would say this isn't super common, but it happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
I live in Post Falls, and the snow definitely sticks around up here longer than it does farther south. A lot of the shaded forest roads in the 3k-4k range are just starting to melt out now.

Rooggvc

WKR
For all of you guys who hunt bears every year, what do you do with the hides and head if your getting a bear every couple of years? I know alot of guys use the meat and fat.