Idaho Super Tag Drawn!

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome, congrats! I just purchased 10 super tag tickets for Wyoming antelope and 5 for elk.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
A lot of people have reach out recently suggesting I really focus my efforts in 54...any tips, pointers, or good or bad about that area?

I'd be spending a majority of my time in 39, but I've seen some dandies in the middle of nowhere in 46 as well!

excaliber

WKR
Congrats on the killer tag!!! 39 has some nice ones along with 54 & 46. Those units along the Nevada border are excellent. Be sure to post up pictures.

Pwells10

WKR
39 for sure. Need any points in directions let me know. Brother in law lives that unit

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Guys appreciate the feedback...been spending a lot of time scouting 38 specifically between simco and the highway....my question for those familiar with the area - is it worth scouting the other side of the unit (simco road to the west?) I have seen some good antelope so far but nothing worthy of the tag...lots of ground in 38 and was curious about the western side of the unit.

kiddogy

WKR
Guys appreciate the feedback...been spending a lot of time scouting 38 specifically between simco and the highway....my question for those familiar with the area - is it worth scouting the other side of the unit (simco road to the west?) I have seen some good antelope so far but nothing worthy of the tag...lots of ground in 38 and was curious about the western side of the unit.
there is a two track road that goes from swan falls dam to the grandview highway. comes out hill top just above Simplots feed yard . have seen some nice goats out there in past years . nothing recent. would also give the dirt road from grandview highway to c.j. strike dam a look see.

also some dandy bucks in 40,41 and 42. I hunted 41 a few years ago and they were the most skittish goats I ever did see. seemed like if you were within five miles of them they made a dustcloud.lol.

freebird

WKR
one of the biggest speedgoat bucks I've seen was in unit 38 in the most unlikely spot and its open for hunting....I drew a unit 40 antelope tag
good luck.

Any updates from the tag holder for this one?

Freebird, oddly enough, the biggest buck I've ever seen was also in unit 38!