ILF Limb Options

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
What is a good affordable alternative to the TradTech Black Max limbs? I'd like to get a set of longs for my 19" Satori and they're basically non existent any more. I have been looking at the Das 3K's and they seem to be good for the money. Would it be worth it to go with carbon foam or is there not much performance difference between them and wood glass?

dlee56

WKR
I settled on a 50% carbon limb uukha saiga limb but I really liked shooting the carbon foam limbs from samick

Not to hijack this because I’m in the same boat right now but off top anyone’s head before I get new limbs is it ok to have my tiller bolts firmly tightened all the way down on my satori just curious if it’s bad for the limbs or anything like that?

dlee56

WKR
Not to hijack this because I’m in the same boat right now but off top anyone’s head before I get new limbs is it ok to have my tiller bolts firmly tightened all the way down on my satori just curious if it’s bad for the limbs or anything like that?
Ya it's best to have them tight. The Tiller bolts by design shouldn't be touching your limbs directly.

Ya it's best to have them tight. The Tiller bolts by design shouldn't be touching your limbs directly.
So this looks about right then?

Attachments

• 36505588-5B3F-4BCA-AA6C-2856FE2920C6.jpeg
    36505588-5B3F-4BCA-AA6C-2856FE2920C6.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 5BE51BD4-BC00-4172-B3E3-2291D797DA7D.jpeg
    5BE51BD4-BC00-4172-B3E3-2291D797DA7D.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 41
Because I couldn’t get them in any farther lol without feeling like I would break something.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I sold a pair of carbon/ foam black max limbs a while back. Wish I would have kept them. They were a good feeling set of limbs

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently shooting a set of WNS Delta C5 carbon foam mediums and they seem great for the money. I have no real reasons to change I just haven't ever had the chance to try a set of long limbs.

I have the DAS 3k carbon limbs and love the stability and consistency of them. A little heavier in weight which I also like and I felt like there was way less vibration after the shot then my carbon foam limbs. I would think that's just due to the more solid mass of the limb and weight. I also noticed with foam limbs that my arrow tune would slightly change between higher and lower temps.

Also, as far as your tiller bolts, I always like to keep them at least 1/4 - 1/2 turn out. I also have never had a riser that if you tighten then both all the way it would be an even tiller. You would think it should be but it has not been the case. If you do tighten them all the way down make sure to check your tiller once strung.

I am currently shooting a set of WNS Delta C5 carbon foam mediums and they seem great for the money. I have no real reasons to change I just haven't ever had the chance to try a set of long limbs.
I’m actually looking at the wns delta c2 because the motive c5 is sold out anyone know if the c2 limb tips are fast flight compatible?

godwinmt

FNG
All of the WNS limbs are designed to be shot with 8125/Mercury. As mentioned above, the Nika N3s are great limbs as well. Shot a whitetail last year with a set. The only downside of them is that the set I have didn't make the advertised draw weight, and ended up being about 5% low with the tiller bolts tightened all the way. They however were much straighter than the first set of Hoyt Integras I got last year, and have taken a beating using them for indoor season after hunting season finished. I'll be hunting with them again this year.

mjh

FNG
I had a Dryad limb crack at last Sunday's 3D. Went to Lancaster and ordered the Tradtech Carbon Wood's Longs. On my 17inch riser that'll make a 62 inch bow. The limbs arrived today. Fit and finish seem acceptable. I'll give them a work out over the next couple of days. Was going to go with the Black Max, they had them in stock. Went with RC's---well is if the extra cost is worth it.

bisblue

WKR
Nika carbon got great reviews from John at Johns custom archery...I think they only make a medium though. Otherwise uukha gobi

also wouldn’t mind opinions on limp length since I’m not 100 percent sure what length I want I’ve been shooting a 58inch bow and it’s great at 20-25ish yards 30 yards and can’t really tell I still suck lol but with a 27 3/4 - 28 inch draw length will I notice a difference going longer? 58 seems fine except a small amount of stacking and a decent amount of finger pinch especially my ring finger much more callused than my middle finger but not enough to bother me. And also to o.p. Sorry I’ve kinda jimmy jacked your thread a bit.

godwinmt

FNG
also wouldn’t mind opinions on limp length since I’m not 100 percent sure what length I want I’ve been shooting a 58inch bow and it’s great at 20-25ish yards 30 yards and can’t really tell I still suck lol but with a 27 3/4 - 28 inch draw length will I notice a difference going longer? 58 seems fine except a small amount of stacking and a decent amount of finger pinch especially my ring finger much more callused than my middle finger but not enough to bother me. And also to o.p. Sorry I’ve kinda jimmy jacked your thread a bit.

What 58" bow are you shooting now? ILF, or a traditional one piece like a Bear Grizzly? For 28" draw, I'd recommend a 60-62" bow.

For ILF, the limb sizes short/medium/long add the following lengths to whatever your riser length is:

Short: 41"
Medium: 43"
Long: 45"

So for a standard ILF 25" riser, medium limbs give a 68" bow, longs give a 70" bow.

A Standard ILF hunting rig would be a 19" riser / Medium limbs, for a 62" bow. That would be ideal for someone around a 28" AMO draw length. If you're hunting in a lot of brush or a blind, you may want a slightly shorter bow.

Note that you will end up with a more forgiving bow with faster arrow speeds running a longer riser over longer limbs (think Matthews TRX on the compound side with long riser and short limbs), but it is harder to find short limbs than a 15/17" riser. Note as well to practice if you're hunting out of a tree stand shooting the steep downhill shots, and practicing shooting with your bottom limb tipped down between your legs.

Nika does make the N3s in longs currently, but you will need to order direct from them, which will be about a month in shipping coming from China give or take. WNS C5s or Uukhas from Alternative would arrive considerably quicker. If you're worried about the appearance of target limbs, remember you can get a set of limbsations from Onestringer to cover them up, and a set of full compound size limbsavers (for the one piece limbs, not split limbs) to quiet them up.