Inaccurate Bergara Gun Weights??

BCD

WKR
I bought a Wilderness Ridge a couple years ago. The specs say it weights 7.4 lbs. It has always felt much heavier than that to me. I finally weighed it today. After subtracting the scope and mounts the weight it is still over a pound heavier than the listed weight of 7.4 lbs. I like everything about the rifle except the weight. Has anyone else ran into issues with this with Bergara?

Macintosh

WKR
A pile (most?) manufacturers of lots of stuff use one published weight to describe all configurations of a product. Example, apparel and footwear they pick a size and publish a weight for that size…guess what, if you get an xl and they published a weight for an M, your jacket might weigh almost double the published weight. Also, most weights are arrived at pre-production, and the product often isnt 100% complete when the catalog and copy have to be finalized, so minor changes to spec, molds, etc can change weight. In the case of a rifle, different calibers require a different chamber length, different action lengths, magazine boxes, and possibly even slightly different barrel contours for different calibers, are all going to change weight. The actual production stock might use a different weight of fill, and if it’s a wood stock there is natural variability in density and weight of wood. In a perfect world changes would get corrected over time, but that often is not the case.
Best bet, take any manufacturers published weight with a grain of salt.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
In this case they specifically list the weight for this rifle in this caliber with the specific model and length, so it seems strange that the weight is so far off.