Inconsistent groups with suppressor on

kkp005

WKR
Just got back a tikka 6creed back that was having accuracy issues. (I’ve got another thread on that).
When I put my YHM resonator on it, groups open up to literally 3-4 inches at 100 yards. Without the can it’s getting consistent sub MOA groups. I’ve got 3 of these resonators and have tried them all on the gun and my groups look like buckshot…. Been shooting suppressed bolt guns since 2019 and have never had this issue. I’m not having any baffle strikes. Barrel isn’t touching the stock. What am I missing ???? 🤦🏻

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
I would guess the barrel harmonics changed with the weight of the can attached to the barrel. Just because you have never experienced it in the past doesn’t mean it can’t happen with this barrel. Find a new load with the can attached.

OP
kkp005

kkp005

WKR
Well it was my YHM qd… took it off and replaced it with a qd off a proven rifle. Shot multiple different loads under 1/2” at 100 and shot steel at 545

Attachments

• IMG_8833.jpeg
    IMG_8833.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8842.jpeg
    IMG_8842.jpeg
    906 KB · Views: 27
Well it was my YHM qd… took it off and replaced it with a qd off a proven rifle. Shot multiple different loads under 1/2” at 100 and shot steel at 545

I just had both of my YHM 7.62 Ti cans converted from QD to direct thread for this reason.

I hate to say it but YHM produces extremely low grade products.

Maybe but my first 2 cans were YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti with thousands or rounds through each and have experienced minimal to zero issues a great precision with my rifles. Still better than a Banish can.

A suppressor really isn’t rocket science.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I hate to say it but YHM produces extremely low grade products.
Happy with mine. They aren't the lightest or prettiest, but they are bombproof and a good value. I'd say they are the SWFA of suppressors, except you can actually find them in stock!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Happy with mine. They aren't the lightest or prettiest, but they are bombproof and a good value. I'd say they are the SWFA of suppressors, except you can actually find them in stock!
I was mostly joking. I actually will probably buy a yhm to throw on a rifle I have and do t want to spend a ton on.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just had both of my YHM 7.62 Ti cans converted from QD to direct thread for this reason.

Maybe but my first 2 cans were YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti with thousands or rounds through each and have experienced minimal to zero issues a great precision with my rifles. Still better than a Banish can.

A suppressor really isn’t rocket science.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I’m with you man, any silencer is a million times better than no silencer. Except maybe for that rugged Alaskan.