Inexpensive frame pack options?

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I upgraded to a MR pack this year but before that did allot of years (as has my hunting partner) with an inexpensive Cabelas Alaskan external frame pack. They got the job done with very few complaints on several backpack goat hunts, elk, deer, blackbear, and a griz hunts. Both packs have hauled out a pile of meat and been loaded up and down the local mountains on countless training hikes.

For me money was tight and I chose to upgrade to top quality boots, rifle, optics first.

Last edited:
Dollar for dollar it’s hard to beat the Horn Hunter Full Curl Frame with its attached beaver tail and wings with storage. Give it a look for a budget minded do it all frame pack. I used one before making the investment in my Kifaru gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you beat me to it... i think the full curl frame is the best budget hauler by far... it's steps above alps, and not that much more. the full curl is heavy and clunky and has cheap buckles (compared to a top shelf pack like kifaru, EXO, stone, etc) but they have a useful layout and do really well with a lot of weight.... they are underrated in their niche

Bump79

WKR
For an Antelope hunt I see no need to get crazy with you're pack system. They are lighter than a Whitetail. Same for boots, Antelope country isn't rough typically. Get some decent comfortable boots (or go with what you have).

I'd spend my money on glass first and foremost.