Choosing the most flexible pack frame base

Hi All - I'm looking to get into a modular frame pack style backpack, attracted by the flexibility and ability to add on and exchange bags as needed. But, there are a lot of options out there and I'm trying to figure out what would fit my needs best.

I'm 6'1", 170lbs, and I'd really like a frame that gives me a good basis to do everything: backcountry hunting and meat hauling, backpacking and hiking, and hauling around random heavy or awkward things (like a inflatable raft or paddle board with gear, 50 gallon barrels, large cooler, chainsaw and gear, etc.). I'd also like something that makes DIY add-ons fairly straightforward. Research so far has pointed me to Eberlestock mainframe at the lower price range and then going up towards KUIU, Kifaru, SG frames getting lighter and carrying weight more comfortably (though maybe harder to work with really bulky and strange-shaped things?).

So, what's the best in terms of flexibility? Going light, taking weight, easily hauling large/awkward things, and a good platform for developing my own DIY systems?