Inexpensive red dot for turkey gun

Crusader

WKR
Burris Fast Fire 3 on a meadow creek rib mount. I don't have a dedicated turkey gun but this works great and comes off easy for dove/duck season
I'm interested in the Meadow Creek mount. Not sure about which MOA dot size reflex mount I should get. A couple questions for you:

What size MOA dot is your Fast Fire?

Since the MC mount is farther down the shotgun (away from shooter's face) than a receiver-mounted one, is a larger MOA dot more appropriate? Like, the Vortex Venom 6 MOA or FF 8 MOA instead of a 3 MOA?

Thanks

Hills

FNG
I have the 3moa dot. It seems about perfect to me. I went back and forth on getting the 3 or 8 moa dot and decided to go with the smaller one. I like having more of the turkey's head/neck visible around the dot.

There really isn't a difference in the size of the dot on target between receiver mounted and mounted on the rib. Mine is mounted on the rear most rib that it fits on. I really like having it mounted there because you have a lot of peripheral vision around the site without having to look through the glass at everything. Makes it very easy to keep both eyes open.

I have only had this set up for a few seasons but very happy with it and haven't wished I went with anything different yet.

Attachments

• 2023turkey.jpg
    2023turkey.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 12