Over/Under Turkey gun

I am looking for suggestions for an O/U for turkey hunting. Looking for a company that has consistent POA/POI between the two barrels and can mount a red dot and/or fiber optic. Not looking to go crazy with price or that should be kept more as a safe queen than being used.

Fowl Play

WKR
Browning Cynergy is probably what you want.... but you'll pay for it.

I've been wanting to handle one of the new mossberg turkey O/U, but have no personal experience with them.

SloppyJ

WKR
I've always wondered why people use OU for turkey. What's the story there?

Fowl Play

WKR
I've always wondered why people use OU for turkey. What's the story there?
They’re more compact for the same barrel length than pumps and autos. You can also run a more open choke for close shots in one barrel and tighter choke in the other. Not for everyone, but do fill a niche for some.

LightFoot

WKR
They’re more compact for the same barrel length than pumps and autos. You can also run a more open choke for close shots in one barrel and tighter choke in the other. Not for everyone, but do fill a niche for some.

Very well said.

>>>——JAKE——>

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the new mossberg eventide in 28 gauge, headed to Virginia next week. I’ve only patterned/sighted it in but it’s pretty nice. Not drilled and tapped like I was told so I rib mounted a red dot which pushes it way forward. Not ideal or what I wanted but it works fine.
The gun is very compact and should be perfect to run and gun. Shot great with golden pheasant in the top barrel with IC at 20 yds and XX full on bottom with 9.5 tss at 40 yds IMG_5918.jpeg

OP
F
I just got the new mossberg eventide in 28 gauge, headed to Virginia next week. I’ve only patterned/sighted it in but it’s pretty nice. Not drilled and tapped like I was told so I rib mounted a red dot which pushes it way forward. Not ideal or what I wanted but it works fine.
The gun is very compact and should be perfect to run and gun. Shot great with golden pheasant in the top barrel with IC at 20 yds and XX full on bottom with 9.5 tss at 40 yds View attachment 703646
Were your patterns off from the point of aim for either barrel? I believe I read an article about this one and it mentioned there was some issue of POA and POI being significantly off. Would like for it to be a cheaper alternative if it shoots well.

dtrkyman

WKR
Sxs and o/u general have a poi/poa true around 30 yds, being the relationship between the barrels and your eye are different it’s not going to be a constant.

It’s the reason I didn’t go that route for Turkey.

You could put your tight choke in the top barrel and a more open choke in the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk