Innov-8 Footwear

Voyageur

WKR
I'm wondering if there members have other field reports on Innov-8 boots/shoes?
This thread is good, but wondering if there are some more recent observations? Thanks.

I have only used their running shoes, and those have been legit. Lots of miles on varying terrain with no issues. I personally have never considered using their boots.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I have had fantastic results from the INOV-8 Roclite running shoes--I have hunted and backpacked and run thousands of miles in them. I have a pair of the boots too--they are a mixed bag for me. They have stayed waterproof which is good and they are light, but the "high top" upper seems to be an afterthought and not form fitting and the rubber around one of the toe boxes has come loose. Otherwise they fit like the shoe and the tread is great in mixed terrain.

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
In reading the responses I realized I should have been more specific in my initial post.
For the past 10 or 12 years I have used a pair of Altra Lone Peaks (not the "waterproof" model) for backpacking, hiking, warm weather hunting, etc. and am VERY pleased with them. I now only surrender to boots when temps force me to.
The only downside to the Altras is they are not waterproof. I once tried the waterproof version of the Lone Peaks and I'm not sure it offered any improvement in waterproofness over the standard model.
I'm wondering what level of waterproofness the Gore-Tex Innov-8 models provide? I still welcome comments on their sizing, durability, etc., but would also like to hear how effectively they keep out water.
Thanks.

Lawnboi

WKR
In reading the responses I realized I should have been more specific in my initial post.
For the past 10 or 12 years I have used a pair of Altra Lone Peaks (not the "waterproof" model) for backpacking, hiking, warm weather hunting, etc. and am VERY pleased with them. I now only surrender to boots when temps force me to.
The only downside to the Altras is they are not waterproof. I once tried the waterproof version of the Lone Peaks and I'm not sure it offered any improvement in waterproofness over the standard model.
I'm wondering what level of waterproofness the Gore-Tex Innov-8 models provide? I still welcome comments on their sizing, durability, etc., but would also like to hear how effectively they keep out water.
Thanks.
I went the other way, Inov 8 to currently lone peaks.

I don’t put much value into a membrane in a shoe, they wear very quickly.

I’m more of an on trail only when it comes to shoes, off trail I move to boots.

Another comment now that I know you wear altra, inov8 is much more tight in the toe box. Every pair, and Iv worn out a few has been this way when compared to altra lone peaks

RCL

WKR
Been road and trail running in both Inov8 and Altra for 7 or so years now and like both brands.
Trail running, I love the grippy sole on the Inov8.
Purchased a pair of the Altra hikers and was not impressed.

kordo

FNG
I don't have experience with the boots, but have been very happy with their shoes. I've had several pairs over the years and they have held up great for such a lightweight shoe. I've been considering the boots as a replacement when my Salomons let go.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I am usually skeptical of waterproofing in light boots but so far they have held up just fine. I've had them for less than a year but have put some decent miles on them.

Rokwiia

WKR
That's all I've worn too up until I ran into a few Timber Rattler two years ago. When near them, it's Schnees boots other it's always INOV-8s. I hike and backpack in them. Various lug sizes on the bottom help while on or off trail and have fantastic grip on rocks.

I've had a number of models and currently use the G400 GTX, G315 GTX, and the X-Talon Ultra 260. I highly recommend them.

Trail runners and boots.jpg