Insole recommendations?

I have a random question that I am hoping someone else may have experienced and would know how to help me resolve for my next hunt. On my last backpacking trip we were packing out an elk with heavy packs. We put on nearly 15 miles back and forth and towards the end I had such severe foot pain on the arch of both of my feet. It was to a point I had to walk on the side of my feet the last couple hundred yards to the truck because of the amount of pain I was in. No other pain issues else where just the arches of my feet. I'm assuming my arch flattened over time due to carrying such heavy packs, but I am not sure. I'm thinking of purchasing some new insoles that could potentially help with this situation and looking for recommendations. I've never bought insoles before and don't know what I'm looking for. They range anywhere from a couple bucks to a hundred dollars. Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated.

92xj

WKR
10 second ultra support

Feels odd and horrible the first week or two with the metatarsal pad but it keeps the support and your arch from collapsing under heavy load. This happened to me this past season and pain continued until 3 weeks ago when I finally sucked it up and went to the foot doc. He suggested these before custom insoles. So far they have been great. First two weeks feels like a golf ball under you arch but once your foot is adjusted they feel awesome.

After getting PF and feeling that one of my arches was collapsing i switched to Superfeet (blue) and it has made a huge difference for me. The green ones have too much arch for me but the blue ones are perfect for my feet. I know the issue you described with the arch is different that PF but the physical therapist i saw recommended Superfeet for arch problems as well.

fishslap

WKR
Superfeet green were ok for me. Good arch support but hard and take up a bit too much volume for my liking. This was awhile ago so I might look at them again if they now offer more cushion.
I tried two pair of lathrop and son synergy, one pair was part of a “custom” boot fit system. They’re heavy and offer little arch support. Although they feel squishy, they felt a bit firm when wearing them. My feet want to slide on them more than others. A huge disappointment for me and not worth the money IMO.
I’ve had several pair of sofsole athletes and they’re my favorite by far. I use them in several pairs of boots and running shoes and they’ve been under the weight of several solo elk pack-outs. I’m trying their Airr insole now, which has a bit more support and more firm. It’s good but I might like the athlete better. For the price you can’t go wrong at least trying them.

If you are using gortex lined boots be careful about which super feet insoles you wear. Superfeet even has under their FAQ to not use a lot of their insoles in gortex boots. The hard plastic on the bottom/side of the insoles can wear through the liner (ask me how I know). They have specific insoles for water proof boots, the trailblazer and guide.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
If you are using gortex lined boots be careful about which super feet insoles you wear. Superfeet even has under their FAQ to not use a lot of their insoles in gortex boots. The hard plastic on the bottom/side of the insoles can wear through the liner (ask me how I know). They have specific insoles for water proof boots, the trailblazer and guide.
I never knew/thought of that. Now I'm thinking I might need to try something else I hate losing waterproofing before the boot wears out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I tried lathrop and sons. No bueno. 1 out of 5 stars. I like the sole orange you can go to Rei and they have a bunch on a key ring you can try out. I have a high arch and the orange gives good arch support.

Hondo

WKR
I've had the best overall results with Superfeet. I primarily use Green but also use Orange (more padded and narrower heel cup than Green), Merino (based on Green) and have recently been trying out the Trailblazer. I have not experienced issues with Gore-Tex or other liner failures with any of those, but have with the Copper model as it has square edged feet on the bottom that will wear through a liner.

I use the Lathrop Synergy in boots that won't accomodate the volume required by the Superfeet insoles. It does not offer the same degree of arch support but does improve fit & comfort and reduce foot slippage.

I like the Meindl Perfekt Cork Footbed but they have a higher volume than anything else I have tried so has fit issues for many boots.

If you have a high arch you might want to look at the Vionic Orthaheel insoles. When I had Plantar Fasciitis years ago that is what he recommended over Superfeet Green as he felt it has a better arch support. It is higher than most SF and is comfortable once your feet adjust but I prefer SF mostly due to the heelcup and the fact that I don't have high arches.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like the green superfeet, I just got a set of superfeet "trail" insoles to throw in my boots since I pulled the insoles out for my daily shoes since I'm dealing with a bit of PF at the moment.