Insuring Your Gear

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
As I was leaving the house this morning I noticed I had left the coffee on and turned around to make sure it was off. My question is if there is anyone out there that has gone to the extent to make sure that their gear is covered in the event of a total loss fire or other event. I believe I’ve ask our insurance agent at one point or another and it didn’t seem clear whether my homeowners policy covered everything in my house.

Any experience or recommendations are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcfish

FNG
I do periodic walk throughs in my garage and record a video on my phone of ALL of my gear. Shooting, hunting, fishing, lawn equipment etc. etc. It's on the cloud just in case.

180ls1

WKR
Talk to your agent again to get clarity and address as needed.

Google drive is great for receipts and picture storage.

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
I keep all my gear insured at my home , shop and storage space.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prior adjuster now retired. You want to see what coverage your personal property has. Base policies are Typically Named Peril, meaning you get coverage, if a Covered Peril occurs. Fire is one of these perils and most have 16ish covered perils. You can enhance most home policies to All Risk by way of endorsement with specific Exclusions. Talk to agent on any specific limits that may result on a covered peril and or on a specific category of item, such as Theft, Cash Firearms, Jewelry etc and how to enhance coverage if required.

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Most home owners policies have low sublimits for firearms. I have a policy from Lockton to cover mine. Cost is very reasonable.

That was one of my concerns. Since I’ve gotten into rifle hunting, some of these builds are getting pretty expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk