Iron Will Broad Head suggestion

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I most hunt whitetails but also go for elk hear and there. I would like a 125 grain head to use on both. Is there a particular Iron will head that you all suggest. Not sure if there is a benefit from the different designs. I have a matthews V3 with a matthews quiver if that makes a difference.

I use the s125 for both species you list. You might be fine with the wide version as well. Just kinda depends on your setup and the distances you intend to shoot.

I haven't tried the single bevel yet, can't be anything wrong with it. I just use a left helical and they don't make that.

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
Personal opinion. I have both the S100 and W100. The wide are good to about 40-50 yards but I had them hitting low at 60. The solids are good at any range, but the cutting diameter feels a little small. Once again personal preference and no statical data one way or another.

I'm shooting a 70lb bow with a 30" draw. I'm confident with the wide to 40 yards on anything. Solids would be my choice on a long range shot, but I'm sure that they would be fine in all applications.

Only other issue with the wide is that I swear I hear them in flight, and I don't with the solids...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I shot both the wodes and solids I didn't have an issue with the wide at 60 and 70 yards. That's shooting an 80 pound bow and 31"

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I'm shooting a 70# bow with a 27 1/2 draw. I would take a shot on an elk out to 50. From what everyone is saying above is seems like the solids are the way to go. Haven't heard anything on the V series though.

Reactions: Zac
The V-series are just louder in flight, if that's something that you care about.

I personally wouldn't have an issue using the wide's for Elk with compound, however Bill doesn't really recommend them, more for bear and deer. Being on the shorter side of the draw length side it might be best to leave wide's out except for deer.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I sold my V series and went s and wides. The Vs hissed in flight more then I cared for. I dont think it matter for the animal though. Esp not elk. I shoot the wides out to 60 no problem. Like said before though I would opt for the S in your shoes.

Not Vegan

FNG
I'm trying the wides this year. I dont think there is any problem with them at all. They shoot great. To be honest if they made a bigger version I would shoot that haha. Also I am spraying them down with Rem oil. It easy and quick.

I'm gonna have a half doz wides for deer season here in Iowa. When I head West for pronghorn and elk, ill have both the wide and solids in my quiver

I’ve always shot the vented originals. And they have preformed flawless. I was talking to Bill the other day and he is liking the single bevel so I am gonna run those this year in a solid.

As far as accuracy, Bull says he can’t notice a difference between the vented and solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk