Iron Will Collars

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pack, planning on putting them on some black eagle rampages .300. Glad to hear the positive feedback.

Zac

WKR
I was thinking on running these on my Day 6s next time I order some, would have to run Deep 6 HIT insert but I think that thing would be bullet proof.

TheViking

WKR
IMG_8619.jpg

Excellent product. Super tight tolerances and tough as nails! What I really like about them is it covers the front lip of your arrow, most Footer’s don’t. Pricey, yes, but when they save you a half dozen arrows over the course of a year, they’re worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR
View attachment 97602

Excellent product. Super tight tolerances and tough as nails! What I really like about them is it covers the front lip of your arrow, most Footer’s don’t. Pricey, yes, but when they save you a half dozen arrows over the course of a year, they’re worth it.

IMG_8626.jpg

brsnow

WKR
Will be on my 340 axis this fall. Fit great and welcome the extra weight.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
A couple of questions...some of which may be noob sounding, so my apologies on that part.

I have been shooting BE Rampage 250s with their FOCOS system. I shot this system on Deep Impacts in the past in SS, but those arrows don't come in a 250 and the FOCOS system for the Rampage arrows has an AL collar. I have not been happy with it and am considering switching to this Iron Will system.

First question, the FOCOS system can be turned to align your broadhead with your fletching and knock. I have been told that the Iron Will broadheads, which I currently use, fly best when coming off the bow with the blades at 12/6 or at 9/3. How do you get things aligned when gluing in the insert? Is the threading consistent on all of them and the broadheads? Can't imagine it is...

Or was this information false and it doesn't matter and you just glue them and wherever the broadhead ends up...so be it?

Second question....I have 9 arrows with the FOCOS system already built (it weights 100g). I have half a dozen bare shafts I am about to fletch and glue up. If I do the 75g insert and Iron Will collar...I shouldn't see any different between the arrows when shooting...correct?

I would broadhead tune with the newly built arrows and continue to practice with the others.

Thanks for the help!

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used these on BE Rampage arrows? Do they spin true? They seem like they might be a little big.

TheViking

WKR
Has anyone used these on BE Rampage arrows? Do they spin true? They seem like they might be a little big.

What do you mean big?

They’re an 1” long and you choose the size by whatever your arrow diameter is. 25 grains each.

I tried them on my injexions and have worked well. I had a few shafts splinter at the tip in the past and these collars work great to protect the shaft. Also nice that you don't have to glue them on. Worth the price to save a few shafts over the year, and add weight up front.

HuntWyld

WKR
A couple of questions...some of which may be noob sounding, so my apologies on that part.

I have been shooting BE Rampage 250s with their FOCOS system. I shot this system on Deep Impacts in the past in SS, but those arrows don't come in a 250 and the FOCOS system for the Rampage arrows has an AL collar. I have not been happy with it and am considering switching to this Iron Will system.

First question, the FOCOS system can be turned to align your broadhead with your fletching and knock. I have been told that the Iron Will broadheads, which I currently use, fly best when coming off the bow with the blades at 12/6 or at 9/3. How do you get things aligned when gluing in the insert? Is the threading consistent on all of them and the broadheads? Can't imagine it is...

Or was this information false and it doesn't matter and you just glue them and wherever the broadhead ends up...so be it?

Second question....I have 9 arrows with the FOCOS system already built (it weights 100g). I have half a dozen bare shafts I am about to fletch and glue up. If I do the 75g insert and Iron Will collar...I shouldn't see any different between the arrows when shooting...correct?

I would broadhead tune with the newly built arrows and continue to practice with the others.

Thanks for the help!

I wouldn’t worry about how the Broadhead lines up I don’t think that you would be able to see much of a difference if any even if shot from a fixed vise like the hooter shooter let alone with human influence. As far as shooting the 2 different setups, as long as it’s the same shaft with the same amount of weight up front barring any crazy aerodynamic drag differences should fly exactly the same. Hope this helps, the iron will system is pretty solid.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
What do you mean big?

They’re an 1” long and you choose the size by whatever your arrow diameter is. 25 grains each.

Iron Will suggest the same collar with the same ID for both the Axis 260 and the Rampage 250. The Rampage has a OD of .276 and Axis has an OD of .280. So the collar will be looser on the Rampage then the Axis and it seems like they didn't make one specifically for the arrows and called it "close enough."

Trial153

WKR
I havent used the ironwills yet however I have used about 6 dozen of the VPA flanged footers with various. 204 shafts and brass hits. They been the best system i have used in 29 years of bowhunting.
I cant see how the IW collar which is a better material thme the VPA could not work and protect the shaft face from impact and protect the shaft from lateral force via the lenth of the broadhead

chasewright15

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but could someone explain to me how the fit works when the OD of your shaft is quite a bit smaller than the suggested collar’s OD? Wouldn’t their be some wiggle room? Is the glue just supposed to fill the gap? Thanks

TheViking

WKR
Sorry if I am missing something obvious, but could someone explain to me how the fit works when the OD of your shaft is quite a bit smaller than the suggested collar’s OD? Wouldn’t their be some wiggle room? Is the glue just supposed to fill the gap? Thanks

They have many sizes. Choose the one that’s closest to you shaft, square your ends and they may wiggle a hair, but they’ve always spun true for me. You’re talking thousands of an inch...

nphunter

WKR
They have many sizes. Choose the one that’s closest to you shaft, square your ends and they may wiggle a hair, but they’ve always spun true for me. You’re talking thousands of an inch...

Measure your shaft as well, I ordered shafts and collars at the same time and the collars were too big for the shafts even though according to the arrow manufactures site they shouldn't have been. I put a caliper on the shaft and it was smaller than advertised, the IW collars measured exactly what their site said. I returned the collars and bought the next size smaller and they fit snug, I added hot melt to the shaft, heated up the collar and then slid it on, as soon as I was seated I ran them under cold water to make sure the arrow didn't get heated up too much.

I really like the collar set up so far and they have saved a couple of arrows.

Brendan

WKR
I personally had bad luck with VPA tolerances, got wiggle and couldn't keep broadheads square.

I am using the iron wills on my axis arrows this year, fit is perfect, slides on and off no glue required, no wiggle.

Lets me run a 100gr head plus 25 gr collar, and then just practice with a 125 gr head no collar.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m been very happy with mine. I run the 340 axis and they fit perfectly with zero slop.

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Will these work the the black eagle carnivores? With the insert that comes with Them? I’m curious cause it looks like the insert they come with has a small flared lip...

TheViking

WKR
Will these work the the black eagle carnivores? With the insert that comes with Them? I’m curious cause it looks like the insert they come with has a small flared lip...

Yes, they work. Just match the OD of the arrow to the chart they have in the IW website. Don’t use the half outs that come with the BEs...