Iron Will Snyder Core System - Honest Reviews

TheViking

WKR
Hey guys -

Looking for some honest reviews on the durability of this system.

I love 4mm arrows...they work perfect for my setup typically, obviously outserts are not great. I don't think they're a horrible way to go, but they aren't the best, that's for sure.

30" DL, shoot 70# bows maxed out (72-73#s), and I like to shoot minimum 500 grains with 15% or higher FOC. Not many 5mm shafts can get me there except for Victory RIP TKOs which are damn near impossible to get. I always have to run a 250 spine arrow.

I've shot 4mm with outserts the last two years. Overall they've done me good. I've used Ethics and Nexxus components.

My biggest problem is I shoot mostly 3D during the spring and summer...so anyone who shoots 3D reinhart targets knows that the rebar, or whatever inside of there is brutal on arrows. I will go months without messing one up, but then I might have a bad Sunday morning and ruin 2-3 arrows.

I have been contemplating going to the Snydercore system. I know that it is the best system, albeit very pricey. I don't mind paying for something that is worth it. If it can save me from ruining a half a dozen arrows every year, I feel like it is worth it to me.

Is there anyone out there that is in a similar situation as I am? Do you think going to the Snydrcore system has saved arrows that would've normally bent/broken?

Would love some real world input. Thank you.

Zac

WKR
Nobody on Rokslide shoots micros. However I don't think you need anyone to tell you anything about any Iron will product.

I’ve had great luck with the Snyder core. Seems to be a really good system for the 4mm shafts. I’ve a huge fan of the 4 mm shafts

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with them. The inserts are a little harder to install than a normal insert, unless you use hot melt glue. I had issues using the iron will tool. It was built to perfect, IMO. It ended up creating suction and pulling an insert back out partially. I was able to remove it, but something to watch out for. Otherwise its a pretty slick system.

jmez

WKR
You have nocks installed when gluing in the inserts? That will happen with regular HIT's once in a while if you don't remove the nocks.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been running a mix of the IW deep six inserts and the Snyder core - just depends if the arrow needs to have an interchangeable head.

Love the system. I’m shouting the inserts, collar, and field points. I have hit trees and had zero damage to components or the arrow. Sometime I’ve lost the head to the tree being deeply embedded but been able to save the rest but unscrewing. That may be the one down side Of the practice head. It is likely not coming out of certain unintended backstops

But yeah. For me this overall system of components is worth the money. I also like using their hot melt glue. I can reheat it in hot water and change weights if I want. Or align broadheads. But never had any issue with any part coming out of the shaft.

FWIW I’m shootings BE X-Impacts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
I’ve been running a mix of the IW deep six inserts and the Snyder core - just depends if the arrow needs to have an interchangeable head.
Can you expand on what you mean by this?

I'm shooting X-Impact arrows. I like the FOCOS system because I can turn the outer collar to get the standard Iron Will broadheads to spin well. But I'd like to go with the Snyder Core for the durability and retaining straightness thru a tough animal. I'm not sure I trust myself with hot melt on carbon arrows, so I'd like to epoxy the HIT. But, that negates the ability to spin tune the broadheads. Thoughts?

JDZ

WKR
Can anybody say they’ve had excellent luck with epoxying the HIT and threading the Snyder Core broadhead in? How does the broadhead and collar spin? Or is hot melt a necessity so you can realign if necessary?

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody say they’ve had excellent luck with epoxying the HIT and threading the Snyder Core broadhead in? How does the broadhead and collar spin? Or is hot melt a necessity so you can realign if necessary?

With the collar they have all spun true without adjustment. I’ve done about 36 arrows at this point. I do use hot melt but never needed to adjust.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Can you expand on what you mean by this?

I'm shooting X-Impact arrows. I like the FOCOS system because I can turn the outer collar to get the standard Iron Will broadheads to spin well. But I'd like to go with the Snyder Core for the durability and retaining straightness thru a tough animal. I'm not sure I trust myself with hot melt on carbon arrows, so I'd like to epoxy the HIT. But, that negates the ability to spin tune the broadheads. Thoughts?

I use the collars too and this has always created perfectly square alignment. I use a mix of Snydercore and regular deepsix inserts because I shoot Sevr expandables too.

I’ve also used the hot melt to allow me to swap out different insert weights. Playing with speed and overall grouping. Really I’m doing it now just to have a lighter arrow setup to shoot longer distances. My hunting arrow ends up about 480grains. So nothing super heavy to begin with.

nphunter

WKR
I'm sure durability will not be an issue, IMO durability of the D6 HIT's wasn't an issue either. I shot 4mm deep-six for years and was very happy with the performance of the arrows, I have killed most of my deer and elk with 4mm D6 combo in both Injexion and VAP arrows. To me the downfall and ultimately the reason I moved to a 5mm RIP TKO is because of the lack of head choice. With the SC from IW you will be a one-trick pony when it comes to broadhead choice which IMO sucks.

IW makes great heads but so do a lot of companies for a lot less money and it's nice to be able to use multiple heads for different applications. I would personally use an IW D6 stainless insert over the SC stuff if I was going 4mm, your still limited to head choice with D6 but there are still a lot of good choices out there for the D6 system.

H80Hunter

WKR
If you’re creative and want to make this harder than it has to be you can mix and match. I shoot the 135 gr Snyder with the 25 grain steel collar. I also will shoot the 100 gr deep 6 Exodus with a 50 grain IW HIT and the 10 gr titanium collar. That way both are 160 grain setups.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re creative and want to make this harder than it has to be you can mix and match. I shoot the 135 gr Snyder with the 25 grain steel collar. I also will shoot the 100 gr deep 6 Exodus with a 50 grain IW HIT and the 10 gr titanium collar. That way both are 160 grain setups.

Yup. I’m doing something similar. My hunting setups have 200gr up front. And I mix and match depending if I’m shooting IW wides or Sevr expandables

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
I have great luck with the system . I really dig the field points for a few reasons as well. 1. EASY to pull out . 2. They dont penetrate as far , BY DESIGN, so I dont find my self smacking anything in the target . 3. they never come loose or rattle . And they are strong as hell. And my iron will single bevels fly perfect with my points . Im running almost same set up. 30.5 draw, 29.5 arrow length 71# rx7 ultra . 185 up front . I am going to experiment with some wide vented this year . Im hoping the vented wides fly as rue as a solid single bevel. ??? I was able to save a fw bux this round , rather than doing the 135. 25 weight and 25 collar , I went 160 points and 25 grain collar . A few bux are a few bux . lol .

JDZ

WKR
IMO durability of the D6 HIT's wasn't an issue either.

If you’re creative

Now I’m debating how much less durable the deep six heads with HIT and collar would be than the Snyder Core system.

My target setup is 75 gr HIT with 125 gr D6 field tips for 200 gr total.

I’m debating:
1) just throwing a S100 D6 head and 25 gr collar on that, for 200 gr total, or
2) S135 Snyder Core, 50 gr HIT, and 10 gr collar, for 195 gr total.

With a scheduled moose hunt in mind, and wanting an A1 system, is the Snyder Core the way to go?

OP
TheViking

TheViking

WKR
The Snyder Core system is stronger. As you can see in these pictures, the threaded portion of the HIT system is the weak point. With the Snyder core, it extends that portion further down in the shaft. This will help on side angle hits and hitting something super hard (bone). The tip of the arrow on the D6 systems have always been the weak point, the Snyder Core alleviates this.

HIT.jpgSnyder.jpg

Now I’m debating how much less durable the deep six heads with HIT and collar would be than the Snyder Core system.

My target setup is 75 gr HIT with 125 gr D6 field tips for 200 gr total.

I’m debating:
1) just throwing a S100 D6 head and 25 gr collar on that, for 200 gr total, or
2) S135 Snyder Core, 50 gr HIT, and 10 gr collar, for 195 gr total.

With a scheduled moose hunt in mind, and wanting an A1 system, is the Snyder Core the way to go?
From experience ( although nothing snyder core ) I can speak that arrow durabilty has alot to do with the arrow itself. I have played with 300 and 250 spine Victory VAPs and the the 250's are VERY durable
one year I was using Easton HIt inserts that needs to be sanded to fit and D6 exodus, tried shooting all sorts of stuff on angles and the worse case I had was a bent broadhead.
Saying that I got away from that insert due to the fact nothing was protecting the face of the shaft where it met the broadhead blades and noticed fine splintering on the arrow end over many many shots
What arrow spine are you shooting ?

JDZ

WKR
What arrow spine are you shooting ?
I’m shooting .300 spine X-impact. I’ve got 1/2 dozen of option 2 above built up and mostly shooting well. I also built them with hot melt, and am surprised at how happy I am with that compared to epoxy.

CMF

WKR
Yup. I’m doing something similar. My hunting setups have 200gr up front. And I mix and match depending if I’m shooting IW wides or Sevr expandables

What is your setup to get both to 200grn? Can you do it without swapping inserts?
I want to shoot the same, IW fixed and Sevr mechs.
Also looking for a small game option for the deep six...

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
What is your setup to get both to 200grn? Can you do it without swapping inserts?
I want to shoot the same, IW fixed and Sevr mechs.
Also looking for a small game option for the deep six...

I was shooting 100gr heads and then 25 grain collars and 75 grain inserts.

Though recently I lightened it all up and went to 50gr inserts. A little more speed and seems like same overall performance

But the gist is mixing up the inserts and collars. For the IW wides I like shooting the solids so I think that ended up at 150gr head 10gr collar and 15grain insert