IRON WILL TUNING ISSUES?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Your centershot looks way too close to the riser. Just about looks like you could be getting vane contact with the riser. Measure the distance from the riser to the middle of your arrow........should be 13/16". And that makes sense since you said your BH's were right of FP's........your rest needs to move to the right.

But when the "tech" (SMH) replaced your rest cord, he probably also didn't time your rest properly. And I don't see any cord coming out the bottom of your QAD to do that easily.

OP
A

Amincey34

FNG
UPDATE: covered the vanes in lipstick. Key takeaway here don’t just grab any of the wives lipstick managed to grab a $50 tube of this shit. Rest was covered in lipstick. No riser contact took it in and they said it was “damaged internally” they returned it and I bought a hamskea epsilon. Paper tuned now to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you found out the issue. Now you can get it broadhead tuned.

Hopefully you get to this point. My Mathews shoots bare shaft exact with field points to 40 yards when I execute my shot correctly. I’ve already verified broadheads with this bow. I shoot a bareshaft every now and then just to double check my tune. Shot this today. First shot cold was bare shaft then two fieldpoints. Any decent broadhead will hit to 60 yards or more with fieldpoints if you get tuned like this.

fb9b6b76d0115b2cbc6e9f828db9a346.jpg

OP
A

Amincey34

FNG
Hopefully you get to this point. My Mathews shoots bare shaft exact with field points to 40 yards when I execute my shot correctly. I’ve already verified broadheads with this bow. I shoot a bareshaft every now and then just to double check my tune. Shot this today. First shot cold was bare shaft then two fieldpoints. Any decent broadhead will hit to 60 yards or more with fieldpoints if you get tuned like this.

fb9b6b76d0115b2cbc6e9f828db9a346.jpg

Love it man. Nice shooting. How far off do you think I’ll be with new rest? Nothing crazy?

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
UPDATE: covered the vanes in lipstick. Key takeaway here don’t just grab any of the wives lipstick managed to grab a $50 tube of this shit. Rest was covered in lipstick. No riser contact took it in and they said it was “damaged internally” they returned it and I bought a hamskea epsilon. Paper tuned now to shoot.

Good to hear. Hard to complain about expensive lipstick when you are holding an expensive bow. 😁

Hope to hear you are stacking FPs and BHs soon.

Love it man. Nice shooting. How far off do you think I’ll be with new rest? Nothing crazy?

If you paper tuned at the store, you should be close at 20 yards. It should be all fine tuning just very small movements of the rest. The epsilon has micro adjust so it should be pretty easy to do.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you are well on your way to getting it resolved. Good luck!

cjdewese

WKR

Happy this worked out. Do the same thing with new rest to eliminate that right away. Sight in your bow, shoot a broadhead then a field point. See what you get.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
I think the OP should rename the thread “QAD Tuning Issues”. I bet with the new rest he is drilling those Ironwills with his FPs in no time.

@Amincey34 Have you confirmed your cams are in sync? My bow shot great for the last year and half and suddenly started going slightly wonky with field points. Then i put a broadhead on and all hell broke loose