Iron Will Arrows

Looks like IW has partnered with Easton and some vane company to make Iron will factory arrows. 5mm, .001 straightness, IW HIT with collars, IW vanes

Too bad I'm set on huntin arrows for the next decade....

WMag338

WKR
Very interesting. I bet that will be a killer arrow. Iron Will + Easton. Def be worth a look!

TheTone

WKR
They are charging $519 for what you can buy for $365 and do it yourself. I love my iron will broadheads and will continue to use them but this is a little too much IMO. They are charging you $12.83 to build 1 arrow.

Match Grade Arrows - $175 at GoHUNT with 10% off
IW Vanes - $20
IW Inserts - $50
IW Colars - $70
IW Field Points - $50
Price is nuts!

I’d like them to explain how the IW will is different than the regular aae version besides the label. I guess maybe it’s just a longer max hunter?

I'm curious about their "machine" to square both ends.

I'm sure it does a good job, precisely every time. Surprised they aren't trying to offer some kind of nock tuning pre-fletch, however aside from shooting I haven't found any way to do it. Also only a 3 degree right helical, 3 fletch.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I use there broadheads but there is no way in hell I’m spending 540 bucks for 12 arrows and can’t even get left helical to match there left bevel heads I have. I can get 12 custom built arrows even with there hit inserts for half that at south shore archery. These prices are getting crazy for that price they should come with 6 heads of your choice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
They are charging $519 for what you can buy for $365 and do it yourself. I love my iron will broadheads and will continue to use them but this is a little too much IMO. They are charging you $12.83 to build 1 arrow.

IW Vanes - $20
IW Inserts - $50
IW Colars - $70
IW Field Points - $50

Its $399 for 1 dozen fletched arrows cut to you length, with inserts and collars. I don't think its worth $50 for field points

WMag338

WKR
Oddly enough, their arrows are almost exacly how i build my arrows. Axis Pro 5mm, iron will HITS & impact collars. I've always used Blazer vanes tho.

Should be a killer setup. Great you can get IW to build them like this.

Pramo

WKR
I have no idea how a $500+ arrow is better than

Big Box of blazers (no need for prep and wipes)
Blazer bond glue $7
Easton brass inserts ~$20

This arrow will kill anything and include a deer tag with savings

As far as the ends, I bought a squaring device from a guy on AT for $40 to replace my 15year old g5 squaring device

Last edited:

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
considering the pile of glues, scrapers, vanes, inserts, points, and nocks i've acquired. the various shafts i've tried. and the dremel arrow saw i built. and the bitzenberger. and the squaring tool. and the hours spent researching and building....

$400 for a dozen doesn't seem too bad. especially since i settled on easton axis and iron will blades...

JjamesIII

WKR
I’m sure the arrows are good, but as others have said $$$$🙄. One thing I’m Interested in his choice of three vs. four fletch for fixed blade broadheads. He said he did a lot of dynamic testing to find the optimal vane configuration, which I assume to be accurate do to his background in engineering. Through my own test and other reputable people that know archery like Dudley, we’ve found certain vanes with four fletch in a 3 degree helical to work the best for hunting arrow builds.

$33 dollars an arrow....before you add broadheads. Add a typical $15 head, and you are looking at $48 dollars an arrow. Add the iron will heads too and it's $76 an arrow. Which sounds insane. Two arrows at that price is what I pay for a dozen....

I would also agree that certain arrows, vanes, and bow speed combo's, a 4 fletch provides a better hunting application. With my set up a 4 fletch is better, so far, even over a HP 3 fletch max helical. Some of those max helical 3 fletch's add so much drag that past 60 yrds there is some serious drop.

Love my IW solids but I’ve started drawing the line especially on smaller diameter arrows and all the overpriced components to make them work, for what ? Tenths of inches of wind drift?
Now I gotta go pay off my $600 option sight LOL.
I don’t fault the guys selling this premium stuff since there are plenty trying to pay for success instead of earning it.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I don’t see that they’re doing anything different than I can do with my setup.
Just another flavor of Koolaid. Another piece of overpriced, over hyped equipment. I sometimes wonder how in the world we were able to take down game 40 years ago, Hoyt ProHunter bow, XX75 arrows and Thunderheads.

OP
D
Realistically I don't think its a bad deal on these. I don't see the reasoning to buy their field points. The way I look at it I'm about $15 per arrow if I cut and fletch them myself. If i go to the Victory RIP TKO's i'd be at $19 per arrow without the broadhead....

At the end of the day, how much money have you wrapped up in arrow building tools and arrow components? When you're getting arrows cut to length with the IW HIT and Collar.... $33/arrow isn't hateful

If your time assembling something is worth nothing then you're only shortchanging yourself

Realistically I don't think its a bad deal on these. I don't see the reasoning to buy their field points. The way I look at it I'm about $15 per arrow if I cut and fletch them myself. If i go to the Victory RIP TKO's i'd be at $19 per arrow without the broadhead....

At the end of the day, how much money have you wrapped up in arrow building tools and arrow components? When you're getting arrows cut to length with the IW HIT and Collar.... $33/arrow isn't hateful

If your time assembling something is worth nothing then you're only shortchanging yourself

Past few days I have had a couple mix ups shooting outside again. After months of not setting a site, needing to remember to set a sight seems difficult for my simple mind.

Anyways, missed a couple targets, cuss, send dog behind target (he will normally hit on my arrows, just not very long) then go get weedeater and knock the grass down in the field, find arrow.

It ain't for the cost of the arrow, it's the time I have in them.

LostArra

WKR
Anyways, missed a couple targets, cuss, send dog behind target (he will normally hit on my arrows, just not very long) then go get weedeater and knock the grass down in the field, find arrow.

It ain't for the cost of the arrow, it's the time I have in them.
$76 per arrow I might be aiming for the shoulder so I wouldn't risk a pass thru.

OP
D
$76 per arrow I might be aiming for the shoulder so I wouldn't risk a pass thru.

If you shoot IW broadheads then at minimum you're throwing ~$50 arrows at deer.
IW broadheads $40/ea
Cheapest Arrows $7
Insert glue, vane glue, fletchings $1
If you have your own arrow jig and arrow cutting tool you have all the "money" sitting around for use 1x year

I mean if you're shooting cheap broadheads you're still ~$25/arrow

JjamesIII

WKR
$76 per arrow I might be aiming for the shoulder so I wouldn't risk a pass
If you shoot IW broadheads then at minimum you're throwing ~$50 arrows at deer.
IW broadheads $40/ea
Cheapest Arrows $7
Insert glue, vane glue, fletchings $1
If you have your own arrow jig and arrow cutting tool you have all the "money" sitting around for use 1x year

I mean if you're shooting cheap broadheads you're still ~$25/arrow
it adds up fast! Definitely don’t shoot grouse or squirrels anymore after I did the math a few years ago. I also bought a cheap metal detector that paid for itself the first season of 3-d shooting.