Iron will?

Caleb7mm

FNG
Anyone used their broadheads? I’m looking at changing over to these for the replacement blade factor. And they come sharp. I am sharpening challenged 139%. I currently use tree sharks and grizzlys. I can get the sharks sharp but not like I want them to be. I literally had to have someone else sharpen the grizzlys.

If super sharp and replacement blade is your gig you might check out the Day Six Evo but they only go up to 150gr. I ordered one of the carbide sharpeners from IronWill to touch up my s200 blades but it hasn't arrived yet.

OP
Caleb7mm

Caleb7mm

FNG
If super sharp and replacement blade is your gig you might check out the Day Six Evo but they only go up to 150gr. I ordered one of the carbide sharpeners from IronWill to touch up my s200 blades but it hasn't arrived yet.

That’s my issue. I am all tuned up with 200GR up front. I don’t want to start over tuning and having to possibly replace 2doz arrows.

That’s my issue. I am all tuned up with 200GR up front. I don’t want to start over tuning and having to possibly replace 2doz arrows.
Well I can tell you that the s200 flies awesome. It's a pretty compact head. I have no doubt it will perform well for me this year, first year using it. Hopefully that sharpener works like I hope it will.

I would think...the more expensive the broadhead, the more desirable it is to be able to sharpen them. If didn't want (or have ability) to sharpen my broadheads, I'd likely be shooting something less expensive and changing blades after a shot. As for weight-matching, that's easy enough with weighted inserts or other very simple methods. No discrimination at all here, but I can't see the logic in buying a $35 (ea) head and replacing a $15 blade after every shot. I'm thinking you might be very accomplished at sharpening with the right tool in-hand and a bit of technique.

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
After a little instruction from my brother I was able to get Grizzly's wicked sharp simply with a Nicholson File. If I can do it, anyone can. Clay Hayes has a decent video on sharpening single bevel broadheads. If you end up not going with the more expensive heads shoot me a PM and I can discuss what works for me.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
I got my Girzzly's shaving sharp with a fine diamond stone, then an extra fine Arkansas stone and leather strop. I found them to be much easier than my Zwickeys. It just takes some practice to maintain a consistent angle, or you can get a jig.

OP
Caleb7mm

Caleb7mm

FNG
It’s been an ongoing issue with me forever. I’ve sat down with a few guys over the years and tried many different devices.

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Man I really don't think anything short of the Lord coming back could change me from running sharks up front. Ive shot em shaving and Ive shot em dull and the results are the same... HUUUUGE holes and dead deer

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
...plus I literally cant destroy a shark. I have even shot one directly into a rock wall and after straightening it I would have no hesitation shooting a deer with it.