Is Axial/Alterra no longer offering stocks?

7MMMAG

FNG
couldn't find anything on their website for stocks being sold as components.

BAKPAKR

WKR
They stopped selling stocks as a component last year, shortly after I got mine. I would likely get another one if they start offering them again as mine seems to manage recoil well and feels good in my hands.

OP
7MMMAG

7MMMAG

FNG
They stopped selling stocks as a component last year, shortly after I got mine. I would likely get another one if they start offering them again as mine seems to manage recoil well and feels good in my hands.
Thanks, id really like to try one

ElPollo

WKR
I was disappointed when they stopped selling these as a component as well. Depending on the action you are using, you might consider the Peak 44 stock. It has a similar negative comb line. It’s also the stock used on the Weatherby Backcounty.

OP
7MMMAG

7MMMAG

FNG
I was disappointed when they stopped selling these as a component as well. Depending on the action you are using, you might consider the Peak 44 stock. It has a similar negative comb line. It’s also the stock used on the Weatherby Backcounty.
I will be using on a 7mm Rem Mag(Rem m700). Im trying to lighten it up, I'm at 9.5# with optic. I just stumbled upon the peak 44 but wasn't sure if it was a quality stock like the Mesa, AG, Axial. I prefer something with the negative comb without spending $1000.

ElPollo

WKR
The Peak 44 Blacktooth stock may be what you’re looking for.

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Allterra on a tikka and would buy more if they were still offering them. Hope they are listening. Best hunting stock I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spoke with Alterra when I was at the Hunt Expo in SLC. All their stocks are going into their own custom builds. It's probably going to be awhile before they can produce enough stocks to sell them a la carte.

ElPollo

WKR
I spoke with Alterra when I was at the Hunt Expo in SLC. All their stocks are going into their own custom builds. It's probably going to be awhile before they can produce enough stocks to sell them a la carte.
I wouldn’t wait around on them. When I contacted Alterra about a month or so ago, they said they had no plans to sell stocks as components in the future.

Gutshotem

WKR
The Peak 44 Blacktooth stock may be what you’re looking for.

I don't see Tikka as an option for these unless I'm missing something? Remington and Weatherby are the only options in the drop down.

I wouldn’t wait around on them. When I contacted Alterra about a month or so ago, they said they had no plans to sell stocks as components in the future.

Well that sucks. I understand they would rather sell $5000 rifles than $700 stocks.

Maybe we should quit talking about them so the used market doesn’t go the way of the Fieldcraft.

I guess I better be off to bump that thread about the guy who’s bedding on his Allterra was messed up. Maybe someone will see that and decide they should sell theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR
I don't see Tikka as an option for these unless I'm missing something? Remington and Weatherby are the only options in the drop down.
Nope, just Rem 700, Weatherby, and Howa. The OP was looking for a Rem 700 stock. Why don’t you email the company and tell them they should make them for a Tikka.

Gutshotem

WKR
Nope, just Rem 700, Weatherby, and Howa. The OP was looking for a Rem 700 stock. Why don’t you email the company and tell them they should make them for a Tikka.
Emailed prior to making my post, ill let you guys know when I get a response.

BAKPAKR

WKR
@Bearhunter46, you might want to take a look at the stock @338maker has. The barrel channel is cut for a larger contour than you were looking for, but it would give you room to grow your rifle into something else.

ElPollo

WKR
Bringing this up because of an email discussion with Alterra this morning. Apparently, they’ve made some improvements in their stock manufacturing process lately and are starting to consider selling stocks as components again. If you are still wishing you had bought a bunch of these before they quit making them, send them an email about it.

Juan_ID

WKR
Bringing this up because of an email discussion with Alterra this morning. Apparently, they’ve made some improvements in their stock manufacturing process lately and are starting to consider selling stocks as components again. If you are still wishing you had bought a bunch of these before they quit making them, send them an email about it.
News like that will make a lot of people happy.