Is swaro dropping the EL line?

Not really any matter to me but I saw Cabelas and BP had ELs on sale. The only time I have ever seen a sale on swaro is right before they dropped or changed a line. Just curious. Thanks.

Why would they drop the EL line? The 8.5's and 10's might be their top selling binos of all time and still sell even with the NL's on the market.

Only make the SLC’s in 56 now, CL’s aren’t ideal for a hunting situation.

Yes they cut all but the top sellers. My point is that they still have different level lines. Having lines for buyer at different price points is smart and they have price points starting under $1K

For some reason the ELs bothered me when I move them ( rolling ball)
I would test them before buying….most aren’t bothered by it.

They are great glass and $2k is a deal at cameraland ( no tax at least for me)

I went NL…thx Cameraland

Making my choice harder on NL Pures VS El 10x42s

@gr8fuldoug what say you

I have EL’s and NL’s. The features of the NL’s are worth it to me, but $1000 is a lot of money. If I was buying my EL’s again I’d spend the extra money for NL’s, but I’m not going to take a huge hit on my EL’s plus deal with selling them to upgrade.

If you can compare them side by side for a little while and really check them out, that would be your best bet. You can’t make a wrong choice with either, it’s whether it upgrades are worth it to you.

For some reason the ELs bothered me when I move them ( rolling ball)
I would test them before buying….most aren’t bothered by it.

They are great glass and $2k is a deal at cameraland ( no tax at least for me)

I went NL…thx Cameraland
I snagged both there was an online 10% code that worked for all Swaro so Scheels price matched on NLs..debating now between the two

I'd like to compare the 8.5x42 EL to my 8x32 EL for treestand hunting. I think the 8.5s would be slightly better in the dark but I'm not sure I would be able to single hand glass as well with them. It's nice to see Swaros on-sale but for my test I think I'll wait on a good used deal.

There is no wrong choice there, had and love both
Making my choice harder on NL Pures VS El 10x42s

@gr8fuldoug what say you
Better is only better if your vision sees the difference. The EL's are excellent and now about $1,000 less expensive. Honestly, the EL's are better than most peoples vision can decern. The NL Pures are slightly brighter, however, it's not a side by side OMG look at that difference.

You’re not spending more money on NL’s for better glass, for all intents and purposes it’s the same. The NL gets you an insane FOV and an even more immersive image, excellent ergonomics, even better eyecups, and better diopter adjustment to name a few advantages to the NL. It’s also threaded for a tripod adaptive stud that the end user can install at home with a inlbs torque wrench whereas EL’s require sending them to outdoorsman where they have them machined so they’re permanently modified.

I'd like to compare the 8.5x42 EL to my 8x32 EL for treestand hunting. I think the 8.5s would be slightly better in the dark but I'm not sure I would be able to single hand glass as well with them. It's nice to see Swaros on-sale but for my test I think I'll wait on a good used deal.

I single hand my 8.5x42’s daily looking at birds while walking the dogs. They work well one handed for me. I still want a more compact pair though and 8x32 EL, NL’s or 8x30 CL’s are on the list. It’s for the size though not because they’re difficult to one hand.

Back