Is there a prettier sight….

Beendare

WKR
….in preparation for a hunt? Grin
58C00CA0-7B4D-4045-A39A-E3C4720A152E.jpeg

Actually there are a few.

A bloody arrow laying on the ground…. Heck, a bloody animal laying on the ground trumps tuning by a mile.

Silver lining to my broken limb woes. What was going to be my backup setup has a better PO (about 37yds) flatter shooting and better gaps than my old faithful hunt setup.

Better for elk hunting anyway…..

sneaky

"DADDY"
I missed a step, what broken limbs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bpctcb

WKR
You’re ragged worn target speaks volumes about your practice regiment. Best of luck to you this year!

I’m taking the plunge this year; ditching the compound bow, and hunting ek with a stick bow. I’m excited to carry the simpler weapon into the mountains.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Back to topic.

Its such an amazing thing when a stickbow is bareshafting. You hear it immediately…the bow is a little quieter with less vibration.

Then you see that arrow flying perfect… they look like they are floating….pretty cool.

I was tuning this setup ( TT 19” Riser/ Uukha Ex1evo’s for a backup and it likes my normal hunt arrow but instead of a 145g point it tunes with 100g. Smaller gaps with this over my other setup at the distances I will be shooting- 35 and in- perfect!

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Nice shooting. Looks like we may have to start a Beendare GoFundMe for a new target though 😁

sneaky

"DADDY"
Don't listen to these jokers, my bag looks just like that one lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ahutch

FNG
Feel your pain on the broke limbs. Thought I had my rig all figured and ready to kill, riser has a crack in it. Second riser of this make. The crack is in the same damn spot.....grrrrrrr!!!!!
Good thing Ive got another riser to shoot with for now. Back on topic!!!

That's some good shooting/tuning!! It is a beautiful thing to see a bare shaft fly true!!

Hutch

Btaylor

WKR
I didn’t mean to imply this is typical for me. That is by no means my avg group- I wish it was.

20 is the midpoint of my arc, thus not the best accuracy at that distance. In a 5 arrow group at 20 , I typically shoot 4 in a 5” circle and then one flyer.
That is still fine shooting. The majority of the time my groupings are good, just not always in the spot. 3 arrow group may be in the end of a coke can but 5-6" from where it should be. Last few weeks I have made some alignment and grip adjustments and that seems to be really cleaning that issue up. Always more work to do though.

am i the only one who tunes at my point on? i guess i do have it easier than most with a 30yd point on, but i find tuning easier there, and when you get good bare shaft flight at 30, things are good.

my mind messes with me tuning closer, without a static reference for aiming. i guess you could pick a lower spot to aim if you are closer, so you still have the arrow to aim at the same exact spot every shot

JMatt

FNG
“I try not to shoot spots this time of year.”
Funny how everyone has a system that works for them. I rarely shoot at animal targets because I shoot not to miss. Anymore I shoot mostly at a whiffle ball suspended on a line. Makes it all about hitting instead of getting close.