Is there hope for Meateater?

Ah yeah, that's a no go for me too. But there have always been anti hunters all of my life, I'll make a small attempt at educating them, but I won't waste much time arguing wit post-modern ideas
That's fine and dandy, until it moves beyond just "arguing." Look at every authoritarian revolution that has happened in the last 120 years. They're able to seize ultimate power because the people that are comfortable don't do anything until it's too late. I'm not pointing the finger because I'm just as guilty as anyone else. But, we'll see if a breaking point is reached, or history repeats itself.

You would have a point if this episode was in a bubble. And if you any close in your assumption that this podcast was about southern hunting history.

Recent episodes of meateater,

1. Disabled personality ranting on and on about how poorly the industry treated him. Lesson: Hunters are against disabled people and treat them unfair.

2. Leader of a black hunting annotative explaining why all hunters are racist You are racist if your nice to them or if you are mean to them. Hunting is just simply racist.

3. Hmong and why hunters are racist against them. Unfortunately the Hmong representative wouldn't really patriciate.

4. Numerous podcasts pertain white males in a bad light when it comes to tribal issues

5. Female Championship shooter. How the shooting industry is against women and holds them back.

6. Female free diver spear fisher champion. Again how that industry is sexist and how she was treated poorly.
7. Then the straw that broke camels back was the last one. A podcast about that a book that's out of print, that didn't do well, and had little to nothing to do with hunting. But had everything to do with racism and how all white men are racist.

8. If the have a podcast on why hunting is transphobic and homophobic this month then they will have hit all the basis.

If you don't see a pattern here then I'm not sure what you are looking at. Its crystal clear what's going on.

Again anyone of these in a bubble is fine. And all of them are worth exploring but not a podcast that is suppose to be about hunting and fishing and the consumption of those hobbies.

I'm a huge Rinella fan. Just look at my earlier posts. But there's no way to defend the Meateater podcast anymore. It's been taken over by the media agenda.
It sounds like you’re thinking about it too much, but maybe I’m crazy.

There are two types of people representing hunting to the masses:

1 - A few that advocate for public land access, inclusivity, and provide historical analysis that supports hunting and fishing for all that is easy to digest by all while being heavily brand driven to support their lifestyle and business.

2 - Flat brim, private land, deep pocket guys who are incredibly brand driven to support their lifestyle and business. The ones who like to skirt the law and hunting ethics for the 'gram.

Pick one. The other alternative is no representation and continued dwindling of our chosen lifestyle's popularity among the masses that vote for the idiots that make the laws.

I know it's hard to understand for some, but there is no hero coming who will do it for free. Commercial aspects of it are absolutely a given.
Well, I guess we've found a guy that sees everything as black or white. I guess my only choice in life is to be two different types of d-bag. I guess I better go buy some Patagonia or some Motorfist gear so I can decide which of the two "parties" I belong to.

It sounds like you’re thinking about it too much, but maybe I’m crazy.
Haha..... Hey if I'm the only one who sees this pattern then maybe I'm the crazy one.

Believe me I would much rather be proven wrong and have my favorite podcast restored. No one is even making a case at this point. Seems to be either accept it for what it is (Just another biased media source) or don't listen.

Well, I guess we've found a guy that sees everything as black or white. I guess my only choice in life is to be two different types of d-bag. I guess I better go buy some Patagonia or some Motorfist gear so I can decide which of the two "parties" I belong to.

I anxiously await your TV shows and podcasts that will help increase the popularity, and therefore acceptance, of hunting. I should've left the flat bill part out, my bad. My point wasn't anything about which method is the correct one, just that any method requires money. Money comes from marketing and selling products. By the board's apparent definition, if anyone wants to promote hunting on a large scale and has to raise money to do so then they are "selling out." I'm just pointing out that the alternative to recruiting new outdoorsmen/women is doing nothing and watching hunting and fishing rights erode.

Politics, especially racial identity politics don’t need interjected into everything. But, that’s what commies do. I’ll have to listen to Meat Esters latest podcast and if it’s taken a turn to the commie, Rinella is finally completely dead to me. #sad
the whole current racial identity politics currently trending is doing nothing but creating racism and keeping it alive.... that whole thing is seriously hypocritical and stupid, all grasping straws and creating something that isn't there without constant media attention.... not really a surprise these days obviously.

i would say the VAST majority are like me, and don't care about race or skin color, only the actions of individuals

I don’t listen to podcasts so I am not sure why people have the hate for Meat eater. His hunting show is/was good. Is it even On any more?

Not sure how a podcast about the history of African American's hunting in the south before/after emancipation is, "pushing the racism agenda." In your first post you say, "It had absolutely nothing to do with hunting" but it was entirely about how slaves participated in hunting before emancipation and their roles in it afterwards. There's non-hunting related context included around those subjects of course but those were the primary focus.

If all you pulled out of it was "white people are racist" maybe it says more about you than it does the podcast.

Not sure how a podcast about the history of African American's hunting in the south before/after emancipation is, "pushing the racism agenda." In your first post you say, "It had absolutely nothing to do with hunting" but it was entirely about how slaves participated in hunting before emancipation and their roles in it afterwards. There's non-hunting related context included around those subjects of course but those were the primary focus.

If all you pulled out of it was "white people are racist" maybe it says more about you than it does the podcast.
The issue is with how contrived it is, which is what adds the off-putting political dynamic. Like the commercials on TV during February and June--I don't think people need bombarded with pro-(X) propaganda to be accepting of people i.e judging them on the content of their character and not the color of their skin or their sexual preferences. If you accuse or imply someone is anything long enough, eventually they start to believe it, which is the intent of radical, regressive, authoritarian ideologies, such as Marxism, Critical Theory etc.. It does nothing but lump people into categories based on immutable characteristics and if you pay attention to history, nothing good comes of that. Rinella is playing into that ideology due to leverage his new sources of capital have over him and it shows and its lame and off-putting. I have no problem with the topic, it's actually very interesting--the issue is with the context in which its presented. You can see it in all facets of media, which has become nothing more than corporate, social-agenda pushing propaganda. Which is exactly why Rinella is playing the game. $$$$. Why wasn't he talking about all this SJW stuff before he teamed up with the big capital sources? He's now beholden to him, hence why accuse him of being a sellout. I suppose "whore" works, too.

I use to be a pretty big fan of the entire content platform. Steve was just about the only one on social media being honest on the restructuring of Bears Ears’s public land.

Since then Janis’s politically pointed Instagram posts pretty much, opened my eyes to how far left the platform had gone. Janis in person is a great guy, but I really don't care for the propaganda and racism that some of the recent guest have been able to promote.

I’ve chosen not to financially support a platform that's becoming counter to my public land multi-use, political and hunting beliefs.

I wish them the best and no ill will though.
What politically pointed Instagram posts are you taking about from Janis?

I have never seen him post anything politics related at all.

Are you thinking of his brother who owns HuntToEat? Because he is a raging liberal who is constantly talking about race and social justice, to the point of nauseum.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I just skimmed through this...

Are flatbill hats racist or...?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Flat Brim hats have become strongly associated with the Instagram Influencer types who hunt as if it's an extreme sport like downhill mountain biking. I don't think they are thought of as a symbol of racism though.

Oh forgive me- please tell us more about how much smarter you are than the rest of us.

Let me guess, the virus was a hoax, Trump saved the world, and BHA is a commie group bent on taking away gun rights.

As a pretty conservative person, I am god damned sick of hearing people on both sides of the aisle dismiss any point of view different from their own, and label anything that remotely differs from their preference as communist or fascist.

So by all means, stay here in your bunker with your foil hat and keep telling the rest of us up here in the real world how damn smart you are.

So someone drops actual knowledge and intellect, and you ridicule him? Your response was void of anything factual, and filled with sarcasm. I did not find his post condescending or even braggadocios, in fact I found it informative and it prompted me to step outside my normal realm and read/research and learn.
Your response did not lend itself to supporting your stance on this topic, nor did it show well to encourage others to take your perspective into account.

Well, your 3rd paragraph was something I can agree with.

My god, This entire post is proof that the left does not have a monopoly on snow flakes. If you don't like it just move along. No one is forcing you to consume the podcast. I for one appreciate hearing different view points even if some of them make me uncomfortable.

I appreciate hearing different points of view as well. There's no lack of that available. You don't have to search for political podcasts. There is unfortunately a lack of good long form hunting podcasts.

Just hoping to keep this one out of the mud.

Is this a cut and paste talking point you guys are getting somewhere? Answered this specifically twice.

I don’t listen to the ME podcast, basically because I find hunting related content to be pretty boring. There’s not a hunting podcast that I’ve heard that is very interesting to me so no slight on ME.

That being said, I think the topics listed are relevant topics of broader conversation that many Americans are having at this moment in time, therefore it is both relevant and interesting to many people. From there, you can perceive it however your want: some call it “SJWing” and “virtue signaling”, others call it taking a niche subject and attempting to make it relevant to a non-niche crowd. Some folks are very threatened by narratives that do not reflect their own reality and that is very apparent here in this thread. If another treestand hunting story, “how to grow big bucks”, “how to go about your first elk hunt” story is what blows your hair back, there is plenty of boring -ass content to fill your commute hours told by bland-ass, non charismatic people who fancy themselves as “hunting authorities” and have a need to express as much-on-a-podcast-near-you that’s never going to expand into social conversations. -just stick to that content.

Back