Is this a good case for airline travel?

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
My concern is that it doesn’t have straps to hold the bow in place. Is that a big deal?
Thanks

Attachments

• E92E0296-1F39-4398-86A9-736AB1E3DFA4.jpeg
    E92E0296-1F39-4398-86A9-736AB1E3DFA4.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 299ECB6F-B629-459F-BBB8-ECB6B3D6D6A8.jpeg
    299ECB6F-B629-459F-BBB8-ECB6B3D6D6A8.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 34
OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I read of other posts here where guys tossed a pistol in their bow case so they could lock it with their own lock. Can you not put your own lock on it without a firearm inside?

I read of other posts here where guys tossed a pistol in their bow case so they could lock it with their own lock. Can you not put your own lock on it without a firearm inside?
You can but they are likely to cut the locks off. With a firearm inside they'll inspect (Supposed to be in your presence) but wont cut the locks since you get sent to a separate inspection

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
You can but they are likely to cut the locks off. With a firearm inside they'll inspect (Supposed to be in your presence) but wont cut the locks since you get sent to a separate inspection
So the baggage handlers just cut the locks off of passengers baggage with no consequences? It’s ridiculous they can get away with that!

This is the first time I’ve traveled with a weapon.

So the baggage handlers just cut the locks off of passengers baggage with no consequences? It’s ridiculous they can get away with that!

No, it would be the TSA Government goons who cut the locks off under the guise of "security". The same goons that fail 90+% of their audits when tested.

Flying with a firearm is actually really easy. Just do it the right way and know the rules. Tons of info on here already about the process

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
No, it would be the TSA Government goons who cut the locks off under the guise of "security". The same goons that fail 90+% of their audits when tested.

Flying with a firearm is actually really easy. Just do it the right way and know the rules. Tons of info on here already about the process
Yes sir, I’ve read a lot on here. So those goons have the right to cut locks on a case with a firearm even after the initial inspection?

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
This is my SKB double bowcase, it doesn’t have straps and I would probably remove them if they had it. I fit all my hunting gear all around the bow and this is the only checked in bag I take when bowhunting anywhere in the world. It goes in as oversized baggage, is only a few pounds over the standard weight requirements only when going on cold weather hunts and I’ve never been charged extra. This one has been overseas at least 10 times, at least 30 flights, at least 3 countries and the baggage chuckers have barely scratched it. I put TSA locks on and have never had an issue once they are aware that it is archery equipment. My backpack is carry on with only my binos and spotter inside.

4FEEDC57-10D8-47DB-B330-3014A4A09B95.jpeg

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider

Last time I flew a bow in a Pelican case with my own non-TSA locks, TSA had me open the case for them. They inspected it and then locked it and it flew with no issues. That was the first time in 4 flights I had to do that. Here on out I think I'm going to throw 2 TSA locks and 2 non-TSA locks on there.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Last time I flew a bow in a Pelican case with my own non-TSA locks, TSA had me open the case for them. They inspected it and then locked it and it flew with no issues. That was the first time in 4 flights I had to do that. Here on out I think I'm going to throw 2 TSA locks and 2 non-TSA locks on there.
What’s the reason for the different locks?